Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Friday, January 19, 2007

A Night Time Snow Update

I figured since all the city's are showing some snow for the day and night so far I would do a quick update on the stats. When I say all, YES even Albany which finally made it over the inch mark picking up 1 inch so far for the day.

Buffalo and Rochester are reporting 2.1 inches but the stats are only up until around 5pm. Syracuse is showing 3 inches up until around 9pm and Binghamton as of 9pm is reporting 1.8 inches of new fresh snow. Tomorrow's stats could be really interesting with a possibility that when all the snow totals are added up we could have, do I dare to dream? We could have a new leader in the Great Golden Snowball contest. It all comes down to which way the wind blows and right now looking at the radar it's still blowing northwest setting Syracuse in the path of another lake effect band that started up north and drifted down south. According to WeatherT in the forum, that could be the norm for the rest of the night.

On the other hand Buffalo is suppose to start picking up some snow later on around 3am and if that happens they could fend off Syracuse's forecasted, premeditated, pre-planned attack. They were warned all day what could be coming and hopefully they took down their snow shield which has been protecting their city from the snow since the freak storm in October. Yeah, I know. I really need to start getting a life. Hey, Have a great night all!

2 Comments:

At 1/20/07, 8:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I lived in Liverpool, NY for over 18 years (1977 thru 1994). We've since moved to the North Carolina coastal region, and as far as weather, never looked back. I will say the area was wonderfully safe and crime free, a nice place to bring up a family; good schools, and even with its ungodly weather, people were pleasant and neighborly.

I've argued through the years that Syracuse had a higher accumulated seasonal snowfall than Buffalo. Having found your website, I am now vindicated.

For those of you who love snow and cold cloudy weather, I can only say to each Syracusan, "Better you than me". I'll never miss driving through whiteouts, leaving work and spending half an hour chiseling snow from the car windows, and off oneself. Driving home cold, wet, and finding you can't get up your driveway and can't see your mailbox. The snowplows once again beat you home. Shoveling out the huge, gritty snow clumps from under the tire rim that always fell off in your garage. Wondering where we we going to put the new snow from our driveway. Hanging out the family room window with a shovel because a snow drift blocked the vent to our heater, again. Riding the chairlift at Labrador and being pelted and crusted with ice, then sliding down the mountain, looking back and seeing you barely made a trail or dent in the crusted snow.
When people down here complain about the weather, I want throttle them. I tell them it should be mandatory for every Southerner to spend a winter in Central New York, and then we can TALK about how cold you think you are.

 
At 1/20/07, 2:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,

Other than all those things you mentioned about why not to live in Syracuse or the CNY area, ya gotta love it here :) Actually the last couple of winters have been pretty mild with a lot of breaks in between from the snow. Nothings changed though in the 12 - 13 years since you have been away. We still complain it's too cold, too hot, too rainy, too sunny. Errr, scratch the last one, we don't see the sun too often.

I tried the South and lasted about 2 months in Florida before I got home sick. I do here that NC is nice though. Florida was too laid back and slow for me personally but I did have a blast in the 2 months I was there. Well other than my first step out of the car onto Florida soil was into a pile of fire ants. Started walking to a house and felt my leg burn, looked down and it was covered.

I agree that the southerners should have to get a taste of our great weather and the CNY area. But then again if that happened not many people would be living down south. I have a story that I found online and I'll look for it and re-post it in the next few days that describes someone moving to New York. One of my favorites.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home