Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Friday, January 12, 2007

I Had a Dream it Snowed

I had a dream last night that it snowed a couple of days ago and Syracuse got something like 11 inches. But then when I woke up I looked out the window and there wasn't 11 inches of snow. Just a little bit here and there in the yard. What a great dream it was. In other words,

What the (add your own cuss word here)heck happened to the snow? How can we have 11 inches of snow on the ground a day and a half ago and now practically nothing? The bigger question is why did I even bother to shovel the snow? I never had a chance to really play in it like I wanted to. Ok, enough of my whining.

Cold air is in the forecast for next week and early reports suggest that it might actually stick around this time which should help the skiing places out. Rumors are going all around about some big time snow coming our way. My sister informed me that the farmers almanac has a blizzard forecasted and a couple of other places are saying the same thing. Too early to tell what lies ahead but looking at what's going on down in Texas, where early predictions are maybe a couple of inches of freezing rain I think anything can happen at this point.

My prediction is that the ski resorts will be set for awhile beginning right around Monday. Have a great weekend all!

3 Comments:

At 1/15/07, 8:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a nightmare last November (?) that my town was under a Lake Effect Snow Warning. As the snow band was approaching (from the lake), it suddently shut down directly over the shoreline and dimished. I looked out the window and not a flake was in the sky. I responded with agony. I did not like that dream.

-Summer_of_41

 
At 1/18/07, 6:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The reason for the relatively quick disappearance of the snow is due to Global Warming. In fact, the amount of snow Syracuse has received over the past 70 years has increased dramatically because of GW...however, it stays on the ground for a shorter period of time.

see Paper by Burnett et al., 2003

 
At 1/19/07, 7:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been reading a little bit on global warming but no where's near what I should be. Thanks for the heads up on the paper by Burnett and I will check it out when time permits.

Not a dream here today Summer. I watched a band hang up north all day and then when it finally dropped it broke up :( Right now it shows a band over Syracuse but it's only light snow falling, Geesh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home