Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Thursday, January 4, 2007

A Great Site by Rich Holmes is Missing

Normally at the beginning of the season I spend hours trying to find websites or pages that are no longer where they use to be. NOAA is pretty good about moving pages around that have all the stats I use but after awhile searching or with the help of Daver from the forum who works for NOAA I am able to find them.

One of my favorite sites for updated stats from the past and present has always been http://mep1.phy.syr.edu/~rsholmes/snow.html which I believe was kept up by Rich Holmes who I believe is a professor at SU from what my research in the past has shown. Well this snow season the site is no where to be found and man do I miss it. That said I am on a quest to track Rich down and to see if he moved it some place else or if he gave up doing it all together. I'm hoping it was the first of the two, that it was just moved. If you look back the last couple of years you will see that I mentioned the site several times.

Most likely Rich has a great program that he ran that would compare all the data and list it on his site. Great comparisons such as the snowiest months, daily comparisons by seasons and so on. Anyways, I've found a couple of contacts for him so wish me luck on either finding out if he changed the location on the web or if he stopped keeping them, talking him into doing it again. The stats really kept things interesting here. More to come as the mystery of the missing website unfolds.

5 Comments:

At 1/5/07, 3:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found Rich's main web page - but his snow link isn't working. The web page is

http://web.syr.edu/~rsholmes/

Maybe you can contact him through this page to find what you're looking for?

And as much as I wouldn't mind a little snow, reverse-reverse psychology never works for me... I hope you have better luck! :P

 
At 1/5/07, 4:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol to the reverse-reverse psychology Jill and thanks for the link.

I ended up calling Rich about an hour or so ago. It turns out that what ever stats or pages he was using from NOAA changed :( He told me that the new way NOAA is posting whatever it was he was using no longer works with the script that he always used unfortunately.

So in other words it looks like a great stat site is gone. At least for now anyways. I don't know if you ever saw the stats he had but they were great. Below is an example of what will be missed compliments of web.archive.org which is kind of like a look back time machine.

http://web.archive.org/web/20051217130801/http://mep1.phy.syr.edu/~rsholmes/snow.html

 
At 1/5/07, 6:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just learned of your site at the beginning of December from another blog, so I haven't seen any of the previous stat pages... and I will admit that I love that kind of stuff - especially when it's of a local nature :)

Bummer that they aren't available any more. Too bad Rich didn't share with you the pages that he was using... I tried using the link you listed, but it didn't work. It looks like it was cut off :(

 
At 1/5/07, 8:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops - Nevermind! The rest of the link seems to have popped up... Cools stats... I'd like to find the Buffalo ones like that :)

 
At 1/5/07, 10:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, that's weird that the whole link doesn't show but when you copy and paste it, it's all there.

I'm not sure if anyone from Buffalo keeps anything like that up. It would be great if we had that for all the cities. Smadsen from the forum is from Buffalo and he keeps up on a lot of other stats. He is the one who gets credit for all the stats at http://www.goldensnowball.com/yearly-winners-golden-award.htm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home