Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

The Golden Snowball Winning City Prediction

Maybe I better start paying attention to what ever it is that Al Gore has been talking about for the last several years. The skies are blue and the sun is shining. It wasn't this nice all summer long for crying out loud and here it is January 3rd and the temperature is hovering close to 50 degrees outside. Blame it on El Nino, Global warming or whatever, this just isn't right. How are we suppose to have our Indian summer or our January thaw when there isn't anything to thaw out. The lakes haven't even begun to freeze over yet. It's so nice even the fish are wearing sun glasses.






OK, enough whining even though that's what I do best. Time for my Golden Snowball winning city predictions and this season it's a tough one for a couple of reasons. One of the advantages Syracuse has over Buffalo is that once the lake freezes over Buffalo's lake effect snow diminishes. The colder air flowing over the lakes warmer waters produces the lake effect snow if I'm not mistaken. If I am mistaken then just bear with me while I try to bull my way through this seasons prediction. My guess is that the lake isn't even close to freezing over yet which in turn will be giving Buffalo an extended snow season unless the temps really take a huge dive. Taking all that in to consideration I'm still going to go out on a limb.

My prediction for the 2006 - 2007 Golden Snowball Award is

Syracuse

I was leaning towards picking Buffalo but I don't think they have a big enough lead at this point in the season to hold off Syracuse's motivation and drive to win this contest. After getting a first hand look at the trophy, I'm here to tell all the other cities that Syracuse isn't ready to give up the trophy yet without a fight. Hopefully a fun snowball fight ;) Below are my city predictions in order.

1st Place - Syracuse
2nd Place - Buffalo
3rd Place - Binghamton
4th Place - Rochester
Dead Last - Albany (my most confident prediction go figure)

I'm still counting on the weather coming up from the gulf states which is one of the reasons I picked Binghamton over Rochester. If that doesn't happen it will be a free for all for the trophy most likely between Buffalo, Syracuse and Rock City. Have a great day all!

3 Comments:

At 1/3/07, 11:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"My guess is that the lake isn't even close to freezing over yet which in turn will be giving Buffalo an extended snow season unless the temps really take a huge dive."

Or unless the current pattern persists into March...

Even though we still have 2 months to go, I fear that we won't have another chance for an arctic airmass this season.

-Summer_of_41

 
At 1/4/07, 12:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Or unless the current pattern persists into March"

Excuuuusssseeee Me Summer (using my best Steve Martin imitation)?

Bite your tongue :p) but then again you never know. This is just a fluke, at least that's what I keep telling myself. I'm thinking or make that hoping that the Arctic front is just around the corner and will be ready to stick around for a couple of months. I know, wishful thinking.

Maybe NYCO (http://www.silent-edge.org/wp/?p=587)should put the snow God in the closet and see if it ticks it off enough to punish us with a couple of feet of snow? Hmmm, maybe ticking off the snow God would produce 3 inches of rain?

Jeez, if I only got one of those Easy Buttons from staples at Christmas we would be all set.

 
At 1/4/07, 4:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The way this winter has been going, I think Buffalo's 20 inch lead pretty much seals the deal. Considering Lake Erie "usually" shuts off the Buffalo snow by late January (being at 43 degrees, I can't see Erie freezing any time soom). Syracuse might make a late run, but I feel confident in Buffalo staying on top.

Of more worry however is the possibility that several of the cities could hit record LOW seasonal snow totals this year. The following is what each city still needs to receive in order not to have 06-07 being a new worst snowfall season:

Buffalo - 7.9
Albany - 13.5
Rochester - 36.5
Syracuse - 42.2
Binghamton - 43.6

That is asking for A LOT of snow the way this season has been going. I wish all the cities good luck in reaching and beating the low mark!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home