Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Panic, Hyperventilating, Tis the Season

Unfortunately I'm not talking about trying to get prepared for Christmas and the holiday season. The Christmas panic attack is still at least a day or two away. I'm talking about an event that took place today. There was a press conference today at the Syracuse DPW to welcome in winter and to talk about our great snow race, the Golden Snowball contest.

The good news is that I was invited to participate. The bad news was that I was invited to participate. Don't get me wrong. I was honored that Dennis Brogan thought about including me. The thing is I'm the type who panics and turns into a sissy man when ever I'm in front of a bunch of people. Today was no different and if you watch WIXT Channel 9 news you will see me at my best prime panicky, hyperventilating, sissy man form. Maybe I'll get lucky and they will cut my part out or if I'm in the camera's view the through it all, the whole presentation might end up on the cutting floor.

I wrote a short page and a half speech or whatever you want to call it to read. I think I ended up saying like 2 sentences of it and then did my best to make my escape. I'll post below what I planned on saying and if you catch the news tonight you'll get to see what I actually ended up mumbling out. I can appreciate Dennis's job and anyone else who has to be a public speaker. As for me I'll stick to typing and hiding behind the computer. All in all it was fun though and if your smart you might want to eat dinner before having your appetite ruined seeing the Snowman on the news. Just a suggestion.

The set up was perfect for the news conference. The DPW site with all the hard working men and women standing in the background and a couple of Snow Plows on each side of the podium. As was mentioned at the press conference, Anyone that lives in Syracuse has to admit we have some of the best snow removal road crews in NY if not in the entire US. I think they deserve a raise myself. Ok, I was paid to say that. I'm joking, I wasn't paid.

The fun part was getting to meet Dennis whom I've talk to several times on the phone and Jeff the Commissioner of the DPW. I think that is Jeff's title.

The biggest part of my panicky, hyperventilating day though was that I finally got to meet Sean Kirst from the Post standard. We've probably talked a couple dozen times on the phone and of course you all know he has been the person to keep the Golden Snowball contest going and growing each year with his great articles and research on it. To that I say, Sean it was a privilege to finally meet you today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home