Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Wednesday, December 6, 2006

The Golden Snowball 2006 - 2007 Winter Outlook and Predictions

First off keep in mind who the source of this information is coming from. Me, who is normally clueless, didn't research anything like the Farmers Almanac and I have absolutely nothing scientific to base the Golden Snowball prediction on. Also remember I'm the type who runs and hides when a thunderstorm approaches. In other words this winter outlook is pretty much based on my knowledge or lack of and mainly on my instincts which tend to be pretty good. For what it's worth, my predictions are below and unless you like snow your probably not going to like what I see ahead.

Above average snowfall for all of the Golden Snowball city's is my prediction. A couple of things come to mind when making my prediction. #1 It's been a wet, wet year. Probably one of the rainiest years on record for CNY but don't quote me on that.

#2 - I'm thinking that we will be seeing several Nor Easterns - Coastal events this season. I'm not sure what the average is but I see 6 - 7 Nor Easterns with at least 2 - 3 of them being significant snow events. The only thing that will prevent that will be if the temperatures are to warm and the events would be rain. I don't see that happening though.

#3 - Cold will be the norm this winter season. There will be a few spurts of warm weather in between but January and February will be colder than average. That's something that might actually hurt Buffalo in the contest this year but I see Binghamton, Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse running neck and neck until the end of the snow season. I will pick my prediction for the winner of this years Golden Snowball contest in the next day or so.

#4 - After talking with Dennis Brogan, who is part of the mayors office in Syracuse who mentioned that the deer he bagged this hunting season had a ton of fat on it and my brother in-law Buzz also said the same thing, how can there be any doubt. Hey, it doesn't get any scientific than this does it?

To sum it up, my prediction is that this snow season will be colder than average and snow totals will be above average for all of the Golden Snowball City's.

And remember the source of this Winter Outlook, The Snowman who is usually clueless. Enjoy the snow all!

1 Comments:

At 3/2/07, 10:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

whats the total snowfall in areas like oswego, fulton, pulaski, parish, redfield...??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home