Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Golden Snowball Trophy Presentation

I had the privilege of talking with Sheri Owens who is the director of the media for the city of Syracuse recently. We discussed the possibly of presenting the Golden Snowball trophy to the mayor for last seasons victory. I've talked to Sheri a few times and I have to admit she is one of the most pleasant people to talk to. I figured it was late on a Friday afternoon and I would probably be blown off but that wasn't the case at all.

I asked Sheri if there was any chance of presenting the trophy to the Mayor at the Christmas Tree Lighting but unfortunately everything is pretty much booked for that event which I can understand. Maybe next year we can try and get squeezed in for that event. I then asked if perhaps we could have a trophy presentation on the first day of Winter which seems only fitting. Snowfall trophy and the 1st day of Winter seems like a good match. Sheri said she will get back to me on it sometime next week.

The thing is that it is hard to come up with a good time to present the trophy. During a close snow race the Golden Snowball Contest might not end until the beginning of May. When we are sure that no more snow is going to fall. Remember it has snowed on Mothers Day before. It comes down to who cares about presenting the trophy to the winning city in May when most of us are planning our gardens, bike riding and so on. So that all said the only thing I can think of would be to present it sometime during the snowy season. Any thoughts or suggestions???

4 Comments:

At 11/18/06, 5:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, the first day of winter sounds perfect. It's sort of like when the Miami Heat (or just about any other pro sports teams for that matter) get their rings for their championship on their first home game of the season. I like it.

If you need other options, what about the New Year's Eve festivities?

 
At 11/19/06, 9:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm liking the 1st day of Winter more and more also Sre. Hey thanks for that info on the Superbowl ring. I never knew that.

 
At 11/23/06, 11:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only knew that because I watch too much SportsCenter, and on there it talked about how big the Heat's rings were and the celebration of their championship before the first game of the season.

I'm not sure if the NFL does it the same way though, but I'm sure the winning teams do something on their first home game anyways.

 
At 11/27/06, 5:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I think in the NFL that the rings are presented at the first home game. At the very least I know they present and raise the championship banner (I should know, the Pats have done it often enough :D ).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home