Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Snow Race is On

Once again, Look out Buffalo, Here come Da Cuse. Now we need Rochester and Binghamton to get their snow season going. Syracuse continues to sled a little bit closer to Buffalo plowing another 10 inches away from the lead that Buffalo held. Syracuse's final snow number for yesterday were 10.6 inches compared to Buffalo's 0.4 inches of new snow. So far since the October snow storm that Buffalo had, Syracuse has been able to cut about a 2 1/2 foot lead down to a 10.1 inch lead with plenty of winter left for all of the city's to step up.

For those of you cheering for Buffalo the bookies probably still have you as the favorites so I wouldn't lose the faith. The lakes are still warm and the lake effect snow machine is still going to be cranking out the snow. Syracuse needs to keep sneaking up on the leader while they aren't paying attention because Buffalo is due big time to get in on the lake effect. Last season Buffalo was just miles within winning the contest. Within miles of winning meaning that most of the towns just south of Buffalo were getting pounded throughout the season, but they just couldn't seem to get it to come up a little more north to get in on the fun.

As for Rochester it was pretty much the same thing. Snow all around them but missing the city. That's one of the funny things about lake effect snow bands. A little shift this way or that way and one town gets it were another town 5 miles away gets nothing. We were waiting in the forum for Tug Hill Tina to visit and let us know how much she received expecting to hear a couple of feet. She and her family are in the Champion area. Tina's post is below which sums it up best as to how peculiar the snow bands can be:

"Such a strange thing. I got nothing, zip, zilch, nada...........now about 30 minutes away from me near the Tug they got nailed. The cool thing though to report is my drive from Lowville to Champion. I wish I had my camera with me to show all of you the lake effect wall of clouds dumping on the Tug while I was under intense sunshine. It was like I had entered a Twilight zone-I'm driving along on dry pavement and then wham it was as if someone had drawn a line of the highway, complete white out and slipping and a sliding all over the place. I flipped a U and went the other way to clear skies. Such a cool weather phenom!"

Have a Great Day All!

2 Comments:

At 1/12/07, 8:41 AM , Blogger Rich Holmes said...

Funny thing, though, I'm sitting here between Parish and Altmar, looking out my window, and what do I see? GRASS. OK, admittedly grass poking through snow, under a tree, but grass. Forecasts for Tue/Wed were for up to a couple of feet of snow in mid Oswego county. Instead we got closer to an inch or three. Weather radar showed the lake effect finger pointing right at or near Syracuse (and I drove through it, too), but almost nothing much north of the Thruway.

 
At 1/12/07, 12:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit Rich that I was surprised to see some of the totals or lack of when they started to be reported. I'm pretty clueless and don't pretend to be a meteorologist but I'm normally pretty good when looking at the radars and guessing who is gonna get some decent snow. Obviously you know it's normally north of the thruway.

I was off pretty good with this last LES even while looking at the radars. I thought some of the areas toward the north were getting decent amts but they weren't. I also thought Rochester was getting more than they ended up getting. When I left my house, the E.Syracuse area the band was right above us and still moving south and I bragged how in the next hour we will be getting pounded. It never happened until about 4 hours later because the band of snow stalled :(

For what it's worth Rich, I'm also seeing grass here and lots of it. Almost all of the 10 inches or so of snow has melted away. Kind of depressing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home