Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Once Again Like a Little Kid

5:35PM UPDATE -

The stats were just posted by NOAA. The new stats are updated up to 4 - 5 pm for the citys. See the chart above! Syracuse's totals are a little disappointing but I'm not greedy. Ok, so I am but at least Syracuse has melted Buffalo's lead to just over a foot of snow now. Believe it or not the total snowfall for today for Syracuse sets a date record going back to 1959 which stood at 8.3 inches. So far today DaCuse reports in at 8.6 inches. Below are the totals so far for today's snow.

Syracuse - 8.6
Rochester - 1.1
Buffalo - 0.5
Albany - 0.4
Binghamton - 0.3

With it being so long since our last snowfall that little kid feeling hit again last night and real early this morning. This had the same feeling as the first snowfall of the season. I looked out the window right before I headed upstairs to bed last night and it was just starting to come down. Then for whatever reason I woke up at around 5:30 this morning and looked out the window from my bed and saw that beautiful shine of white gold on the roof and with the help of a distant light I could see that it was still coming down pretty good here in the Syracuse area. Knowing there wasn't a chance of falling right back to sleep I headed to the bay window in the living room to get a better look.

Yeah I know it's not like we have never seen snow around here. But this is really only the second decent snowfall for us all season and the first one was way back in December. While looking out the window I noticed that my kids never put the trash out last night. *%$%$@%*64 I said to myself as I threw on some clothes and a jacket and headed out the door to put the trash out. Of course it probably could of waited till later in the morning but I think it was an excuse to get out there and feel it. To feel the lake effect snow whipping all around the neighborhood. This time real snow too, not the fake cotton stuff that's now burried under the real snow.

Being a night owl normally and only seeing 5:30 - 6:00 am when I work late on the computer it was weird to see what goes on. A great sight to see was all the plow trucks flying up and down the street with the flashing lights as they headed down different streets to plow some of the driveways in the neighborhood. I'm sure by the end of our typical snow season it's probably tough even for them to get up and head out in the cold to plow peoples driveways. My bet is the excitement was there for them this morning also. Sure they probably are looking forward to the money they make but my bet is it was still fun to get out and play in it this morning.

Anyways, I shoveled a path down the driveway and put the trash out, minus the cotton snow of course ;) I figured while I am out there I might as well get a jump on the driveway and started to shovel it. After about five minutes of shoveling I hear the sound of another shovel scraping the driveway across the street. For me to be out there before 6am and shoveling is one thing, but for there to be 2 of us right across the street from each other that early was just plain crazy. Of course the only crazy part was that I was out there. I think it's normal for my neighbors to be up and about that early. As I get near the bottom of the driveway I yell silently (is that possible) to Julie across the street. "Morning Julie, Ya Gotta Love it Huh, Finally Some Snow" in which she replies something like "Uh, No Not Really, Are Ya Crazy". I just took it in stride and continued to shoveling figuring that Julie is not a morning person and it was better to leave it at that for now. Most likely when we shovel later she will be liking it more, shoveling it the second time in a day.

More on the neighborhood. I look at another neighbors, Frank and Donna's house, next door to Julie's and scratch my head. His driveway was already shoveled. Here it is not even 6:00 am yet and Frank beat both Julie and myself to the snow. So here I am thinking I am going to be the first one in my neighborhood to play in the snow and I was wrong. I looked at my next door neighbor and Cheryl's lights were on. Now I start thinking to myself that I don't think this is a normal everyday occurrence for all the neighborhood to be up this early. I think this is the kind of effect that a good blast of snowfall has on us big kids ;)

Enjoy the snow all and look for an update once the totals come in later in the day and evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home