Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Monday, January 8, 2007

The Snow Dance Has Taken Place

On January 7th at approximately 10:34 pm this seasons first snow dance was performed. Now all we can do is sit and wait to see what happens. Having a 90% or so success rate in past years I'm expecting that percentage to go up. As I mentioned in our forum I get a little nervous each and every time I perform the dance. Nothing could be worse than me over doing it, doing it wrong or God forbid doing the wrong dance and waking up and seeing on the news that a freak Tidal Wave hit the North East or something.

Right now it is windy and snow is in the forecast. Mostly for the Oswego and Tug Hill area. The dance won't take credit unless the totals are way over what is predicted seeing how it was already in the forecast before the dance was done. That said, the dance was done to try and bring a sustained cold air mass to the GSB cities and also the surrounding area so that the snowmobilers and skiers can try and salvage the time that is left. Also as pointed out by TioTonto at Syracuse.com I have been leaving out the ice fishing people. The shores haven't even started to freeze over on the lakes and I am sure they are itching to get out there on the ice.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if ice fishing is a separate permit? Are you allowed to fish from the shores or from a boat if there isn't any ice on the lake?

Something scary happened while performing the snow dance last night. I almost thought I was having a hallucination. While performing the ritual I looked around and saw what appeared to be tiny little spots of snow about the size of a small snowball blowing around the yard and the neighborhood. I'm good at what I do but not that good. After a minute or so of thinking I was that good one of the white snowball sized pieces blew against me. As I picked it up I realized what it was. My sisters stopped by this weekend to help take the Christmas decorations down. One of them threw away what my son puts around our Nativity scene every year. Cotton, and lots of it. It turns out that the wind blew over the trash can and all the cotton, tons of it had escaped. So to my neighbors, my bad and if you see some fake snow blowing around my apologies. I tried to gather it up but with the wind the way it was it just wasn't gonna happen. Just pretend it's real snow and think of it as more of a late Christmas present from the snowman or better yet, the idiot that lives at the top of the street. Have a Great Week All!

2 Comments:

At 1/8/07, 6:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Snow Dance worked - we got a dusting of snow in Buffalo this afternoon (and it *definitely* wasn't flying cotton!). Thanks - but we need more :P

 
At 1/8/07, 9:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The wind has been pretty gusty and coming from the west here so the chances are the cotton is some place near Albany by now :)

Glad to hear you got at least a dusting Jill. Nothing at my house which is just east of the city of Syracuse and a few miles south-east of the airport where they measure.

I just took a look at some of the radars and it looks like some light stuff is starting to form around the Buffalo area? Rain or snow I wonder.

On the other hand looking at Ontario lake up to the north from us, that is starting to crank up big time and it looks like Oswego and the north might be in for some decent amounts of snow. Hopefully it will drop to the south and let us play some catch up with Buffalo :p

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=NCR&rid=buf&loop=yes

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home