Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Friday, December 14, 2007

Blizzard This Weekend?

I hate to hype up a storm anymore then it deserves...

awwww who am I kidding I love to hype storms!!!!


But in all serious-ness the approaching storm is really starting to look like a potentially super strong winter storm. A lot still rest on what the storm will do but the models have now begun to shift this from a true coastal nor'easter to more of a super strong low system skirting up the interior northeast. Before I start talking about the maybes I will mention again we must wait and see if the models are coming into an agreement on the new track of the storm or if they are just seesawing in uncertainty.

YET... if the current models hold true the worst weather would be found in an area from Buffalo to Syracuse with the possibility of 1-2 plus feet. Another factor with the new track to consider is the wind speed. If the track holds true and the low can still deepen enough over land, it is VERY POSSIBLE all of WNY and CNY could experience or be be placed under Blizzard Warnings for most of Sunday.

Still a lot remains unclear and I think we will start to get a better picture of the storm tomorrow into Saturday morning. Regardless should be an interesting weekend. I'll be back tomorrow with a better forecast of what I think is going to go down.

6 Comments:

At 12/14/07, 11:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a Rochesterian I hope whatever snow we get is enough to close RIT on Monday! (Yeah, right)

 
At 12/14/07, 11:59 AM , Blogger MikeL said...

Patrick - MikeL here...we ended up getting about a foot in my town yesterday in Massachusetts, and I'd say maybe 5" around where I work in Boston. We had our company Christmas party, so when that ended at 9, the snow was done and the traffic pretty much cleared out, so the timing was great. I take the commuter train, so that wasn't a problem for me...

 
At 12/14/07, 12:31 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

Wow Mike L! Pretty impressive totals for Mass. I know one of my nieces and her husband are coming to NY I think tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if they make it back in time for work on Monday.

Hey Joe, if RIT is like the ESM school district probably not huh. Looking at some of the local weather forecasts it seems to be staying west enough for Rochester and even Buffalo to get in on all the fun. Add some lake effect on top of it come Monday and you never know. If it's a lot of snow and even if it stops way before the Monday morning commute they will still have a lot of snow to clean up. Good Luck on a day off :)

 
At 12/14/07, 3:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"patience is a virture"....6.8 now that is more like it...my parents always say whining gets you no where, so i guess i will have to learn to accept the amounts NWS reports. nor easter looks good..however im worried about sleet for BGM and albany..as of right now syracuse and rochester look to be the big winners...well see!!

 
At 12/14/07, 9:05 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

Mike M, the watches were changed to WARNINGS for a lot of cities earlier so it does look like it's a go. My money is going toward Rochester making out on this one for now anyways. Subject to change as it gets closer. IMO that's what is so cool about these is that a slight shift east or west and it's a whole new ball game.

I'm worried also about the freezing rains and ice. I'm hoping and thinking Binghamton might get some but that it will change over to snow fast. I think some of the spots this storm hits might end up getting a substantial amount of the mix which won't be good. Power outage wise and other messes. Lets hope not though :(

Oh, by the way, Albany ended up the winners for yesterday picking up I think over 8 inches. I'll look up their total for the day when I have some time. Not too often do you see Albany take a win home.

 
At 12/15/07, 4:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right now it looks like ROC will win

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home