Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Thursday, December 13, 2007

It Snowed in All of New York

Today was just a little preview or call it a teaser as to what's to come this weekend MAYBE. Most likely someone will be getting pounded come the end of this coming weekend and right now it is just a matter of who and where. Of course that can always change as the weekend draws closer so keep an eye on your local weather channels and news stations.

As for today It looks like it's time to break out the shovels in Buffalo, Syracuse, Rochester, Binghamton. Albany might want to hold off another couple of hours because it's still snowing there. It will be interesting to see how the line up looks for the GSB city's come tomorrow. So far only Albany, Buffalo and Rochester have reported some stats.

I'll do an update on what's being reported for Syracuse and Binghamton once the stats roll in from NOAA. My guess is that Binghamton and Albany may end up winning this round. It's a matter of which city Binghamton or Albany comes out on top for the day.

(Edited) - to add All cities up to date now as of 5:00 give or take a little.

Reported so far for December 13Th;

Binghamton - 5.7 (Record for the date)
Buffalo - 4.4
Rochester - 4.2
Albany - 3.5 (it's still snowing there)
Syracuse - 3.3 (Losers)


It is slick out there on the roads so TAKE IT SLOW DRIVING!

8 Comments:

At 12/13/07, 6:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My guess is that Binghamton and Albany might of won this round.

"might have" or "might've" .. :(

 
At 12/13/07, 6:32 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

Ut Oh, if grammar comes in play I'm in deep snow :) Thanks for the heads up and it's been corrected ;)

 
At 12/13/07, 6:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weekend storm looks good, we just have to wacth the sleet...sleet is bad, we dont want sleet, well know alot more by later tonight/tomrrow. as for todays snow..i dont understand....it seems like the airport must have some type of anti-snow wall up or something...i always thought they got more snow than downtown binghamton( i heard somewhere dwtn average 55-60 in per yr while arpt avgs 81 inches per year). just watched the news and dwtn bingo reporting 9 in, i have 8 in. at my house...unless we are all measuring snow wrong than i dont know whats up( how hard is it to measure snow...stick a ruler in it duh!!) btw srry to whine so much but this seems to be a repeating occurance.

 
At 12/13/07, 9:56 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

(Quote - "btw sorry to whine so much but this seems to be a repeating occurrence."

NP Mike. I consider myself one of the Kings when it comes to whining :) After keeping track of the stats for the last several years I've grown use to differences in what I think fell and what has been reported.

Today would be a good example where I live we have about 5 inches of new snow. The airport measured and reported 3.3 I think it was. They are pretty close to me but I except whatever they put out. There will be other times where they might be a couple of inches higher than what I have. Like I said it normally equals out over the period of the snow season.

 
At 12/13/07, 10:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, what happened to "snow means SLOW"...I liked that one.

By the way, I think we need a reminder on presents...it's that time of a year...I remember your suggestion from a few years ago about finding the ones who always shake gifts before opening them, and then just put broken pieces of glass in the box. LOL, classic!

 
At 12/13/07, 11:05 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

Mike, I just took a look and the new update which comes out about 10:00 pm give or take a little has Bingo up to 6.8 inches for the day. Not too bad :) I'll update all the stats tomorrow.

 
At 12/14/07, 9:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are the people over at Hancock measuring the snow right? Did we not get more than 4.1 inches yesterday (12/13)... I cleared off about 6 inches from my car at around 3:30 pm... I think us Syracusans are getting jipped statistically! It might change though, on the 3rd they posted 2.4 inches and a couple days later they increased it... We'll see!

 
At 12/15/07, 10:22 AM , Blogger Patrick said...

Sre, I cracked myself up on the shake gift one :) I'll do a repost of it after this storm comes through.

Adam, chances are that the city of Syracuse and where I live just outside of E. Syracuse probably did end up getting more snow than the airport mainly because of that snow came more from the south. When I went out to shovel it was probably around 6 inches here also. It will interesting to see how the totals come in the next couple of days :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home