Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Monday, December 10, 2007

What is Meme Blogging?

We have our first entry in our win a free phone call from Santa contest. Thank God at least one person has entered other wise I might have had to given it to the General and he doesn't sound too happy with Santa right now due to last year. Hmmm, makes me wonder if the General may have found a little bit of coal in his stocking last year???

Being on the computer almost 24/7 I like to think I am up to date on most of the current fads online. Not this time though after reading NYCO's Blog. She posted a great meme and it has to do with snow questions.

What's a meme? From reading around it appears to be where one blogger will post some questions for their visitors to answer and then other bloggers will post the same questions or answers on their own blog linking to the blog that they first found the questions at. I THINK! Anyways I really like the questions that the nyco came up with on her blog at http://www.twentyfour01.com/nyco/ and I want to play the game also :) So here are the questions from NYCO for you to answer:

1. What’s the winter tool you can’t do without?

2. The winter tool you could do without (i.e., find unnecessary or silly)?

3. Your favorite music to listen to when stuck in the house in a snowstorm?

4. The winter sound you least like to hear?

5. Your driveway shoveling pattern: vertical (up and down)? horizontal (pushing from side to side)? Or any which way?


My answers are;

1. One of the lightest and cheapest plastic snow shovels I have which probably cost less than $5.00 several years back. The kids aren’t allowed to use it. They get the heavier expensive shovels I have :)

2. A snow brush. My coat sleeves and the cheap plastic shovel seem to do a better job.

3. I love all kinds of music but most likely during a snow storm it’s whatever music the weather channel is playing for the weather on the 8’s.

4. Like Sean, the snow plow slamming down the blades and the reverse alarm. Normally about 4:00 am like clockwork.

5. A path from the garage door to the end of the cars and then down the middle and side to side. My real favorite patterns are my kids which means they are in town and I don't have to shovel )

Ellen feel free to chime in if I am playing the game wrong :)

Have a fantastic week all!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 12/11/07, 12:20 AM , Blogger TheGeneral said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12/11/07, 12:21 AM , Blogger TheGeneral said...

TheGeneral said...

1. Can of Prestone De-Icer Spray, that stuff works wonders on frosted over windows espically when your air vents dont work well.

2. Don't think I could bare to lose any one of my winter tools.

3. Would have to be one heck of a storm to be stuck inside. But thinking back to last October I just remember having fun listenting to the news reports and people calling in making it out to be the end of the world. Nothing like listenting to people freaking out and in a panic to get a good laugh.

4. How can you dis-like the sounds of winter? For me probably the snound of snow melting.

5. Ummm just plowing throw it with my snowblower. But if I do shovel its a path from the driveway to street, (and then I got one of those huge curved shovels, kinda like a mini plow blade) and I just make runs up and down the drive pushing it closer and closer to the grass. If it gets to high on the edges I'll make a special blower trib to trim the banks on my driveway. I'm still a kid at heart when it comes to turning a 10 minute shovel job into a 45 minute adventure. Can I have some hot chocolate now?

 
At 12/11/07, 12:56 AM , Blogger mike m (binghamton) said...

some good snow possible down this way on thursday, perhaps up to 10 inches. also we all get a shot at a massive blizzad on the
17th..lets wait and keep are fingers crossed!!! o yea by everybody i mean everyone except buffalo haha bingo,da cuse, da rock and aly could all get blasted while buffalo got 6 inches or something..anyways we have to wait it out......

 
At 12/11/07, 11:33 AM , Blogger Patrick said...

General, Good answers .I like number 4, the sound of melting snow :)

Mike,is the blizzard just wishful thinking or is there a weather system that you are looking at? You could be right give or take a day.

I just received the daily update email from channel 5 weatherman Tom Hauf that says:

"There are growing signs of a nor 'easter late this weekend. This forecast is based on the storm being a factor. It may not be." It could get interesting and reading around others are thinking the same Mike.

Looking at what's been coming up from Texas and the pattern it's on right now there might be a good chance for some nice white fluffy stuff if the temperatures cooperate the next few days also :)

 
At 12/17/07, 8:24 AM , Blogger Jan Stowell said...

A fun site, very enjoyable watching the daily tally.

May I suggest that you change GSB City's to GSB Cities? I think that's what you mean, actually.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home