Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Friday, November 30, 2007

The Oracle's Golden Snowball 2007 - 2008 Winter Prediction

Cold and Snow and a lot of it!!! After the the big snow bust for all of the Golden Snowball city's yesterday I'm not as confident of my winter predictions but I'm going to stick with them. The deer are big again but the color on the caterpillars was light. I mentioned in another post that for whatever reason I haven't been able to warm up this season. Some forecasters are predicting a warmer US this winter except for in the Northeast. I Think I am going to agree with them.

So if the deer are fat that means a rough winter. At least that's what I have been told by Syracuse's very own Dennis Brogan whose done it all including contributing to a book named "WINNING WITHOUT COMPROMISING YOURSELF", stared in a movie, was the Dome ranger and the list goes on and on. Anyways after talking to my brother-in-law Buz, said the deer are pretty big this season which could mean a tough winter ahead. Not like he ever gets one but his sister Deb normally gets a couple of them ; )

A woman walking by the house as I was raking on Sunday kind of threw a con into my predictions for this season though. She told me that the orange stripe on the caterpillars were light this summer and she informed me that it means that a mild winter is ahead of us. For whatever reason I wanted to ask her if caterpillars shed their fur like animals do but I don't know her well enough. I'll have to do more research though on the color of a caterpillars orange stripe playing a part in predicting our winters before I buy it.

I'm looking at how the summer went and thinking we are still kind of in the same pattern. Mostly when it came time to golf my 9 holes on Friday nights a thunderstorm almost always seemed to pop up like clock work every week. The nice weekends were great and plentiful in NY for a change but when it came down it did come down. It didn't last long but at times it was tense even if it was a pretty dry summer. Add all the scientific stuff I add to this forecast each year which I won't get into because it's probably too boring and over most peoples heads, OK, even mine and I think were in for a snowy season for the remainder of 2007 and most of the 2008 snow season. My winter outlook for 2007 - 2008 is cold and snowy but I think we will see several days, maybe more than normal where it will seem like Spring just when we think we can't take the cold anymore.

The Golden Snowball City snow predictions are:

Syracuse -151 inches
Buffalo - 123 inches
Rochester - 121 inches
Binghamton - 106 inches
Albany - 72 inches

A side note is that even though I have Syracuse winning by almost 30 inches this season an upset would not surprise me at all. A new winner is due and I think this may be the season. Have a Great and More Importantly Safe Snowy Season Everyone and please drive carefully and remember "you see snow, drive slow".

2 Comments:

At 11/30/07, 3:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patrick, you can bet the farm that your snowfall prediction is coming right on.. yes, will be above normal as you indicate, but the climate will be warmer - an avg of 20 degrees instead of 15 for the core winter months. so you got that going for you! your cousin mike down here in north kakilacki says so!

 
At 11/30/07, 11:10 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

Mike, I figured you, Pam and the kids would be further south by now, ya snow birds :p I see that more and more of the family is heading south though from the family website :(

Your right about if it stays warmer more snow will be coming our way because of the lakes staying warmer but I don't think the NE is going to see what they are calling for the rest of the country to see this winter, which is warmer weather. I think Buffalo will have it's work cut out for them this season unlike last when they so many chances because of the lake not freezing over. It should be interesting this year though and a close one I hope.

Hey, I thought you were out of the office for a few weeks :) Tell the family Hello for me Mike and don't be a stranger here!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home