Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Snowman is a Sissy Man

I don't know what it is about this season but for whatever reason I cannot seem to get warm. I think I turned into a sissy man, not that I wasn't always one but for whatever reason I'm noticing that it's cold outside this year. In the 46 years that I have lived here I don't think I have paid much attention to the cold like I am right now. Hopefully it's just a phase I am going through and it won't last the whole season.

I'm doing my normal get ready for Winter rituals. Just wear a sweatshirt and not a coat until it really gets cold out ritual. Kind of like trying to build up my tolerance for the really freezing weather. One thing different this year and it could be what's throwing my body off is that I did stop wearing my sandals earlier than normal. Only for the fact that a leather strap broke on one of them. Maybe that is why I can't seem to get warm this season :(

On the snow front Syracuse moved a bit closer to regaining the lead from Binghamton. Only .8 inches of new snow which surprised me because it seemed like we received close to a couple of inches the last couple of days, at least where I live which is just SE of the airport. Must be that the snow wasn't falling toward the North. Mike Murphy is saying the same thing about Binghamton. He was expecting the totals to go up because of the snow he was getting where he lives and just a trace was reported. I suppose it comes out to sometimes we benefit from the location of the snow measurements and other times we don't and this was one of those times. I wouldn't be surprised though if a correction comes out for the Bingo area only for the fact that one of the times I checked the NOAA stats for them there was a MM which I believe means that the stats weren't reported at that time when I checked. Something I don't see to often so hang in there Binghamton, maybe they will make an update. The big question is what is Buffalo waiting for this year? They are at a stand still right now. Have a great weekend all!

2 Comments:

At 11/26/07, 12:25 AM , Blogger Jill said...

I thought it was just me! I had the same problem for the past few days of being cold all the way down to my bones. Fortunately I seem to feel back to normal now. Maybe there was just something in the air?

As for the snow... I noticed the other day that while there was no snow at the airport, we got a couple of inches in Lockport and north. We are getting snow, just not where it counts :P

 
At 11/26/07, 10:11 AM , Blogger Patrick said...

Jill, I've been a little warmer also since that last post. I was out raking yesterday and actually enjoyed the day outside. Snow wise I keep hearing reports of maybe some good snowfall this week. It will be interesting to see if it pans out or not.

I did finally get a chance last week to read up on Geocashing and it sounds like it would be a good time even if it's just getting out in nature but to find a little treasure or note that was hidden would make it even more fun. Unfortunately with my back I don't know how far I would get hiking but but I do love getting out in the middle of nature. One of the reasons I love to camp a couple of times a year.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home