Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Friday, November 16, 2007

The First Snowfall in Syracuse

Just a quick nightly add-on to this mornings post. I was wondering how Rochester and Syracuse was going to do today but unfortunately Rochesters reports haven't been updated. When I checked the others I was totally surprised to see that Binghamton is now only 0.1 inches away from tying Buffalo at and 0.2 inches away from taking the lead over from them. As for those of us in Syracuse, only .4 inches being reported so far but that will change come tomorrow.

Enough about the snowfall for now. The big question is where has General Steve been lately?

Morning post:

The white gold has finally begun to fall from the sky in Syracuse and most likely in Rochester also. Not a whole bunch of it but who cares? It's snowing and it's the first snowfall of the season for those of us in the Syracuse area. I say it every year and no reason to stop now. Doesn't it always bring out the kid in you when you see the first snowfall of the season? For some reason I have a craving for some hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies. It must be a hidden memory from when I was a little kid. Ok I added the chocolate chip cookies just because they sound good right now but no doubt snow and hot chocolate go hand in hand. Hopefully by the end of the day 4 out of the 5 GSB cities will be on the snow board.

I'm looking at the radars it looks like the lake effect machines are just tuning up for the winter and it will probably be off and on for the next day or so for some of the Golden Snowball cities. Look for some official stats to be posted later once NOAA updates the totals. Right now Buffalo leads and even Binghamton is beating Syracuse and the other cities. This will be a close race throughout the snow season and I'm looking forward to having some fun with it again this year. Sort of. Well kind of. Jeesh, is it that time already???? I haven't even gotten to the leaves yet and they are half covered now with snow. I think we all know that the snow most likely won't be around for long and there will be a few more nice days when we all get out and rake up what's left before the real winter weather sets in so there is no sense stressing about it. Of course my neighbors probably stress more about my yard than I do :)

Looking at the snow statistics above all of the GSB cities are below their average snowfall for this time into the season but that will change most likely sooner than later. Look for the Snow Oracles (Oracle is the name Sean Kirst calls me and yes it goes to my head)2007 - 2008 winter outlook and winning city predictions this weekend and have a great weekend all!

5 Comments:

At 11/16/07, 9:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time to set out the Snow God...

 
At 11/16/07, 10:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Patrick - I enjoy looking at this site. It makes a sort of gam out of the snowfall, and puts a positive face on it.

Could you tell me where you get the "Average Year to Date" statistics? I'd like to look at those for the full year.

Thanks, Mike

 
At 11/16/07, 1:15 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

NYCO, NOOO!!! It's too early for the Snow God. Can you at least give me til the end of next week to get the leaves raked :)

Mike thanks and it's fun keeping up, most of the time anyways. The link I use at NOAA just give the individual daily report which updates 2 or 3 times during the day and night. For Syracuse the link is at http://www.srh.noaa.gov/productview.php?pil=BGMCLISYR . I'm pretty sure they may have the individual days by month but it will take me some time to find the links I have. There was a great site that had awesome stats but it's no longer updated :( I'll see what I can dig up in the mean time someone hopefully will beat me to it.

 
At 11/16/07, 3:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's OK, I don't know where the Snow God is at the moment, it's not in the closet where I thought I left it. ("Pardon me- has anyone seen a small, cylindrical god...about yea high...?")

 
At 11/16/07, 4:17 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

Ut-Oh, the Snow God is on the loose :(

Mike, here is another good link for you that proabably has more of what you were looking for.

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/climate/index.php?wfo=bgm

Once there click on: Check the Preliminary Climatology Data, Click Syracuse, Check the Archived Date and then click the time period you want.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home