Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Thursday, November 1, 2007

2006 - 2007 Season Wrap Up Part 2

I thought I said I would write about the 2006 - 2007 snow season part 2 wrap up the next day. Come on, I only missed by a Season (summer) Umm, Where did I leave off???

Around March 5th and 6th Syracuse finally hit their average yearly snow totals which after the way the season started might of surprised some people that they would even hit by the end of the season. Rochester also hit their average on March 19th just a few days before Spring. We got a mix of everything in March including some long awaited warmer days. Of course St. Patty's day was a typical cold and windy day.

I think the big news was that Syracuse's basketball team got ^&%%*$% by the NCAA committee but that was then and I'm over it now. NOT!!! Other than that it was pretty much a typical month of March in good Ole CNY.

April brought a mix of everything also including snow on the ground for Easter if my memory serves me right. Eric sent in a good picture from Easter at

http://goldensnowball.com/uploaded_images/erics-easter-snowman-(2)-710820.jpg

I thought Buffalo and Binghamton might of been able to at least pull off their averages but both just missed unless NOAA updated last seasons stats. I'll check on that tomorrow. Sure I will :) As for Albany??? Enough said! About a half a foot of snow fell on some of the Golden Snowball cities between the 15th and 16th of April and by this time even the Oracle was ready to say uncle. Enough was enough already. Pretty much after that things started to go uphill weather wise and my posts started to slack off which mean only one thing. Warm weather was ahead and that it was.

I hope everyone had a super summer and with the decent mix of weather most likely you did. I personally like the 70 degree temperatures and this summer there was something for everyone including mild temperatures and the hot temperatures. Most of the weekends were perfect and rain free. I think I just heard that this October is one of the warmest on record. It will be interesting to see how the 2007 - 2008 snow season turns out. With that said I'll be updating the site and stats in preparation for the new season in the coming days!

LET the 2007 - 2008 SNOW SEASON BEGIN!
(April would be a good begin date for me)

5 Comments:

At 11/2/07, 4:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OPEN THE FORUMS AND GET YOUR YARD STICKS READY!!!! STOCK UP THE ICE MELT, RAKE THE LEAVES, AND BUST OUT THE WINTER JACKETS!!!

The lake effect machine looks to finally get going early next week! I'm guessing that by this time next week Buffalo should have a small lead going in the contest to get the ball rolling!

My one concern... the leaves are finally starting to change color and fall here in the Buffalo area, but there are still a ton of them on the trees. While I don't see a repeat of last year, if thes leaves don't start dropping really quick this weekend, we might see a small bit of trouble in Buffalo again this year.

 
At 11/2/07, 5:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was worrying the same thing about the trees and snow, here in Syracuse.

 
At 11/3/07, 9:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Up in the Lockport area it looks like most of our leaves are down already... But even if they weren't, I think that if we had a repeat of last year's storm, things wouldn't be nearly as bad. Most trees and branches that would have come down because of snow already did.

The summer and fall were wonderful this year - I hope we have a winter to match :)

I saw somewhere that there is a chance of snow coming up this week... Let the games begin!

 
At 11/3/07, 12:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't look now, but I think something's coming...

(Sounds like a trailer for a horror movie...)

 
At 11/3/07, 1:33 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

To be honest with you all I wasn't really thinking about all the leaves still on the trees. Looking out the window there are a still a lot more on the trees here than there are on the ground and a lot of them still green :( Lets hope it's a miss or just a light snowfall.

It's nice to see everyone again. Ellen I just switched the link over to the new(somewhat new) addy to your site.

Jill, good to see your blogging now and it was interesting reading :) Ellen actually has a post about how many bloggers there are now on her site at NYCO's Blog http://www.twentyfour01.com/nyco/ which talks about Syracuse and Buffalo, with Syracuse being in the top 10 I think it was. Once again ahead of Buffalo :p Congrats on the chickens and I can't wait to read about what chickens do in the winter, lol.

Weatherman, I just saw the post in the forum, depressing and too soon :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home