Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Enough Already - Where's My Spring

One of my favorite seasons of the year, Spring, is slowly slipping away and cabin fever has finally set in. Enough Already! Bring on the sunny 50 - 60 degree days that we should be getting right now.

An inch here and there since the last update and unfortunately snow is in the forecast for the next severeral days. Also in the forecast is the posibility of a Nor Easter for Sunday night and Monday. All we can do is to hope that the temperatures are warm enough so that we get rain and not snow for that event. You know it's been a long winter when I'm hoping for rain instead of snow :( Like I said, Spring is one of my favorite seasons and it's just not happening this year. The average temperature should be in the 50's right now. We've all been lucky just to break the 40 degree mark.

NYCO, are you sure the Snow God is put away? Did it manage to some how sneak out of the closet and turn itself back on? Ummm, maybe if you take the light bulb out that will help to bring on Spring? It's time for my yearly ritual of shaving the winter beard. If that doesn't work we could be in trouble. I'll be shaving in the next 10 minutes so look for the radars to do some wierd things in the next day or two. I'm starting to wonder if it's not time to move to some place warm and sunny for the winter. Maybe some place like Albany ;) Have a great day all!

10 Comments:

At 4/12/07, 6:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spring is my least favorite time of year... the order seasons are, from best to worst: Fall, Winter, Summer, Spring. Spring is too wet and muddy, which is a big pain when you have pets - ugh.

I do agree tho', I am ready for some warmer weather. I am itching to get started in the garden and I also want to start building a chicken coup (I'm getting chickens this year!)

I am ready to admit defeat in this year's Contest and gear up for next year... so let's get on with the decent weather! Did you happen to shave your beard yet, Patrick? The winds seemed to have kicked up all of a sudden over here :o0

 
At 4/12/07, 6:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. - Go Sabres!

 
At 4/12/07, 9:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup! The shaving ritual has taken place. Jeez, I hope I didn't cause a hurricane in the process Jill. No more beard and umm, a little too much face now :( I'm happy to say that the mustache was saved this year. That meaning normally I screw it up while shaving and have the Hitler look going which means the mustache has to come off too. Not this year though : )

Snow wise weatherman in the forum reported that Accuweather is predicting 5 - 25 inches with a storm moving in this weekend. Lets hope that they are off on that prediction or better yet that Buffalo gets it all :p

Chickens??? For eggs or to eat? Friends of mine live on an old farm and raise some ducks. A strange kind of duck and I forget the name of them. They also have a couple of goats. I'm not sure why though :) Hey, why did the chickens cross the ro, oh never mind that's an old one.

Go Sabres, Rangers, Islanders! Have the playoffs started yet BTW?

 
At 4/12/07, 9:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS - the order of my seasons are Spring, Fall, Winter and Summer. I enjoy Spring the most because it's nice to get outside after a long winter and catch some baseball and softball games. The wet weather is depressing though :(

 
At 4/13/07, 1:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you say Go Islanders, I am no longer your friend, lol!

 
At 4/13/07, 4:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! The chickens are for eggs and I guess sort of pets. I've never had chickens before, but I'm looking forward to the adventure. Everyone says that nothing is as good as a fresh-laid egg, and I want to find out if that is true first-hand :)

As for the weird ducks your friends raise, I'll bet that they are Muscovy ducks. They *are* weird and I couldn't figure out what the heck they were the first time I saw one...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscovy_Duck

"Have the playoffs started yet BTW?"

One down, 15 wins to go to win the Stanley cup :) And I'm with The General - you'd better not be rooting for the Islanders! ~wagging my finger at you here~

Twenty-five inches of snow wouldn't be enough to win the contest, so we don't need to get any at all thankyouverymuch :P

Have a good weekend!

 
At 4/14/07, 9:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a terrible confession to make... I never did bother to put the Snow God away until just last night. Sorry. I just forgot.

 
At 4/14/07, 12:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

General, I shall cheer for the Sabres the rest of the season ;)

Jill, chickens as pets? Can they fetch and roll over :p Even if they can't it should be fun and educational raising them. As for the ducks, that kind of looks like them but I could of sworn that my friend Eric said they were imported from another country. I'll have to ask him the next time I run into him. Unfortunately I think they lost 2 this winter to a fox or coyote :(

UT-OH NYCO, the snow god had time to whip this Nor Easter up. Maybe now that it has been put away for the season the storm won't be as intense as it is suppose to be. Hopefully sunny days ahead soon.

 
At 4/15/07, 7:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Jill, chickens as pets?"

Well, pets in the sense that I would never kill them or at them... Although they can be entertaining when they chase grasshoppers. And then there is that whole crossing the road thing :P

 
At 4/15/07, 10:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the reason the chickens cross the road in NY is to get to the airport to catch a plane and head south to Florida :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home