Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Monday, March 19, 2007

The First Day of Spring Around the Corner

Hard to believe isn't it? If I am correct the first day of spring arrives on Wednesday the 21st. The temperature that morning is suppose to be around 9 degrees. Just a quick reminder that the contest doesn't end the first day of spring. I know it looks good for Syracuse right now but this is CNY and it does snow in April. Just think if this was a close race and we called it on the first day of Spring and then the next week another city gets enough snow to take the lead we would look kind of stupid wouldn't we. Yeah I know we do a good job at doing that already.

The good news is that come Thursday look for warmer weather to blow into the area with 50's in the forecast for the weekend. Will it stick around? I personally don't think so but it is still kind of nice although cruel to get some teaser days in when we can. On to Rochester.

Rochester has tied their annual snow totals for the season and with what just went through their city a little while ago most likely have passed the average by now. Way to go Rochester. With the start all of us other than Buffalo got off to that wasn't an easy feat to say the least. Now it's up to Buffalo to surpass their annual snowfall totals and there is still time left to do it. Another thing I noticed is that 4 of the 5 cities have passed last years totals which as lame as last year was shouldn't have been as hard as it was to do. Now it's up to Binghamton to make it 5 for 5 and I don't see that happening. Albany has a long shot at hitting their annual snowfall total but time is running out on them.

Couch Coach Time. It looks like Syracuse will be setting an NIT attendance record tonight with something like over 23,000 tickets sold so far. For all I know they might have already gone over the record. From what I have read the best bet to avoid parking and traffic problems is to park up at Manley and catch the shuttle from there. Plus you don't have to deal with the hill. It should be a good game and Syracue will be bringing their A game tonight. I have that feeling. Rautins needs to get on again and I think his 3 pointer welcome back game will be tonight. Personally I think his defense has been pretty good this season. Devo has been playing his butt off and Watkins also has to be on tonight. With the rest of the team doing what they have the last couple of games and getting them two back on form it should be a great Syracuse outing. 3 pointers, made free throw shots, rebounds and a good defense is in the Syracuse forecast for tonight. GO Cuse!!!

On the NCAA brackets one word comes to mind. Embarrassment. My mother is kicking my butt with her bracket picks. She only has 10 losses so far compared to my best sheet which has 12 losses and another that got torn up after Wisconsin lost. The good part is that we split. The bad part is that she picked teams that I have a hard time cheering for. Mostly the ACC teams. I think the only one she didn't pick was Duke. Yup, even mom knew the 6 seed was ridiculous and had them losing in the first round. Well only one team left from the ACC which is NC and she has them. She does know her Big East teams though and I'm happy to say that I can still cheer for Pitt and Georgetown. Yeah I know arch enemies. Only in the big east. Gotta cheer on the Big East conference when it comes to the NCAA's. Enough said and have a super week all!

6 Comments:

At 3/22/07, 8:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the bright side of things, the Sabres are back in first place :P

 
At 3/24/07, 11:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewwww, do people like the Sabres? Yeah, I'm ducking as I run from here Jill :)

 
At 3/25/07, 6:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're the hottest ticket in town!

Although I wouldn't have wanted last night's ticket :(

 
At 3/26/07, 11:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you thought of giving out a "Most Improved City" award each year? For the city that improves the most on their totals from last year (as a percentage of the previous year's total). It might be a nice consolation prize for all of the non-Syracuse cities to shoot for each season [/snark]

 
At 3/29/07, 5:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well speaking of the tourney. After round #2 I had ripped my sheet up and said.. umm some choice words. Then today someone else in the pool was telling me how I was among the top point holders heading into the final four. I really don't know how I am still in the runnings but from what I am taking if G town can beat UCLA in the finals I am supposdly the winner of several hundered matchsticks...

We shall see.

 
At 3/29/07, 10:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill, I use to love watching hockey. I haven't a clue as to why I stopped following it. I'm going to make it a point to watch a game, a Sabres game before the season is over. GO Rangers! Errr, and Go Sabres. Do the Rangers and Islanders still have a team, lol?

Ouch NYCO ; ) That's not a bad idea though. I'm glad you brought that up because I forgot completely about sending a check out to a charity for last seasons winning city. I went to give it to Dennis at the press conf and he told me to just mail it and it slipped my mind :( It's going to go to the Boys and Girls club. Didn't they just get a huge grant or something? Anyways, it is starting to look like another repeat for DaCuse.

General, Cool and Good Luck. Georgetown cost my mother a shot at first place though. I had them on both of my sheets but I have been out of it for awhile now. The good news is she still has a shot at taking second place. The bad news is she needs Georgetown to lose. The good news is we are partners. The bad news is I have to cheer against GTown. The good news could be, give me half and I'll cheer for you, lol. Good Luck though and I mean it. We need to win the rest to have a shot at a score tie breaker. If the first game is the Fla - UCLA game and we lose I'll be rooting for Georgetown big time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home