Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Is The Snow Storm a Go or a Bust

Testing!

4:30 PM Update - Light snow is just starting to come down at my house just outside the Syracuse are. I've been watching some of the totals for this storm start to drop a little so I think it's time to play the Guesstimate Game. Just post a comment as to what you think the snow totals will be lets say by the end of tomorrow 2/13 at around 6 pm when NOAA does an update. Here are my snow guesstimates:

Rochester - 10
Syracuse - 8
Buffalo - 7
Binghamton - 7
Albany - 5

So many times this season I have gotten my hopes up for a decent snowfall or storm only to have it turn out to be a bust. With this coming storm I'm going to play it down at least in my head anyways. That said, BRING IT ON!!!!!! Once again naughty words are starting to be mentioned in the forecast for most of the cities. Those words that I find offensive are CHANGE OVER, MIXTURE, MIX, SLEET, RAIN and the dreaded F word FREEZING RAIN. Do you know how much snow we have lost because of those words this season? Well I don't either but my guess is we missed out on some good snow totals because of the mixed precipitation and once again the words are starting to pop up for this coming storm. I'm hoping that now that I whined about it, it won't happen.

I think all of the Golden Snowball cities are under a winter storm warning now and this is the chance for some changes in the line-up that we have all been waiting for. OK, some of us. Who knows, there may even be a new leader by the end of tomorrow. Rochester is still only 4.7 inches away and a hit here and a miss there with the snow bands that will be coming through it's a possibility. I think Binghamton might have a big enough lead to fend off any snowballs that Albany throws at them but there is a slight chance Bingo could find themselves at the bottom again. Of course Binghamton piled up a lot of snow last year at this time during the Valentines day storm. That's what's fun about these storms. Anything can happen.

The main thing I think for the snow lovers is that the warm air has to stay out of this storm. Right now from reading around it's going to go something like light snow, heavy snow, a mix of sleet and freezing rain, rain and then light snow again. Way too many items on this storms menu if you ask me and I just fired the cook. The new menu is SNOW and lots of it :) I wonder if turning on the air conditioner and opening up the doors and windows will keep the warm air away from my house so that it's all snow? Kids, I'm kidding! Don't do it! That goes for you too General Steve. Ummm, let me know if it works though if you do try it ;) I personally think the cold air will hold it's ground long enough to keep this a mostly snow event but keep in mind I'm normally clueless so check with your favorite local forecasters to see what's really going to happen.

DRIVE SAFE!!!!!!!!!!! Looking at the radar the chances are your going to be driving home from work with the possibility of some slippery roads. It looks like some light to moderate snow is getting close to Buffalo and light snow getting close to Rochester as I'm typing. The heavier stuff looks to be still just south of NY in PA but moisture looks to be building up in NY so once again check the forecasts out to see what time things will really start to get going and remember SNOW MEANS SLOW Drive careful all and have a great safe day.

TV 9 WSYR here in Syracuse has a pretty good discussion going on right now about this storm and they normally give some pretty good updates throughout the day. It's definitely worth checking out at http://community.9wsyr.com/blogs/weather_discussion/archive/2008/02/11/2520151.aspx

9 Comments:

At 2/13/08, 12:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know its a little late, but i think the snow is over except maybe for bgm and albany tomorrow afternoon, when they may pick up 1-3 inches. that would bring me to 4.5-3.5 inches total....

 
At 2/13/08, 8:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I woke up to ice and rain. I guess no skiing for me. Too bad since it looked like there might have been enough snowfall before the rain came.

 
At 2/13/08, 8:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big BUST!

 
At 2/13/08, 11:47 AM , Blogger Patrick said...

Bummer JD :( Maybe the rain will change back to snow so that you can get some skiing in.

We probably got 4 - 5 inches here at my house. The airport is only showing 2.5 since around midnight though. It started snowing here but right now it's just light snow. I shoveled at around 1 am and there is only maybe another inch on the ground so it's looking like the airport numbers might not go up too much.

ZR, did you get enough snow to plow there? I really though Rochester was going to make out on this storm.

Mike, your still holding off Albany but it's still close for last place. I'm hoping for some kind of line up change by the end of this week either for the top or bottom spot. At least it's nice to see the grass covered again :)

 
At 2/13/08, 5:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

another 3 inches here this afternoon, for a storm total of 6 inches. like you said pat, at least the ground is covered. i wish i had better news for the sunday monday storm, but right now it looks like a mix to rain, lets really hope it tracks further east, bc the the one model that does track it along the coast would clobber us with heavy snow!!!

 
At 2/13/08, 9:11 PM , Blogger TheGeneral said...

BUST in Buffalo!

Maybe 2 inches if I round up my measurement. Changed over to a freezing rain mix rather quickly but even that only dropped a slight glacing of ice.

Sorry about the lack of main page/blog postings from me as of late, this lack of winter and snow has me not so interested in the weather right now.

 
At 2/14/08, 3:02 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

Google is Broken. For some reason the blog won't let me update posts today. I'll keep trying though.

Just in case I can't get through Happy Valentines Day everyone :) I'll update the stats as soon as the blog lets me.

 
At 2/14/08, 3:03 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

Oh, It's nice to have you back General and I know what you mean about the way this sinter is going :(

 
At 2/14/08, 10:39 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

Sorry all but I still can't get through to the main blog :( I'm not sure if it's an FTP problem on my server side or if it's a Google problem. Syracuse is still winning though and I think that's all that matters isn't it, lol :)

Binghamton was the champ for this last round of snow picking up a total of 6.1 the last couple of days. Some has already been added on the main page stats but a little more needs to be updated. Here is how it ended up storm totals and then some if I did my math right.

Binghamton - 6.1
Syracuse - 5.0
Albany - 3.5
Rochester - 2.2
Buffalo - 1.1

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home