Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Happy Groundhog's Day

For all you snow haters Groundhog hunting is not in season so don't even think about it. Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow today and I'm sure you know what that means. Yup, another 6 more weeks of winter. For all of us snow lovers. GO PHIL! GO PHIL!


Read the full story at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22963448?GT1=10856


In reality does this really mean anything for us in the north east? Think about it. Since winter started the snow has pretty much stopped. Sooooo, today I did something different. I said if I see my shadow when I go down to the basement with one light on and see my shadow then we will get 6 more weeks of Fall. You guessed it right. I did indeed see my shadow which means 6 more weeks of Fall like weather. Most of the snow that we received this season came before winter even started. For the month of December most of the snow fell before the 21st. So snow lovers can rejoice and my apologies to those of you looking for an early Spring. Just make sure you blame the groundhog and not me and remember Punxsutawney Phil is not in season right now.


For you SU fans that didn't catch the game against Villanova today SU won and they looked good while doing it. I think that road win on Wednesday night was a big one giving the guys some confidence on the road now which they need because they have a tough road schedule ahead of them. Way to go SU!!!

As for the Golden Snowball contest it remains close and the GSB trophy is up for grabs. With this last storm Binghamton managed to dig themselves out of the basement barely slipping past Albany for total snowfall this season. It comes down to what city will step up and bring it home. Your guess is as good as mine but I'm loving the fact that it is still close and pretty much all of the cities are still in the hunt for the trophy. Rochester and Albany are the only two cities left that are still above their average snowfall for this time of the year. What a difference a month makes and the month of January really slowed things down. Enough said and have a great weekend all!

3 Comments:

At 2/2/08, 10:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

is Albany really that good( they can stay out of last place even when there stats say they are lol) or do you just like seeing Bingo in last place because im pretty sure 40.3 beats 39.7 ;) lol dont worry im sure Albany will be beating Bingo again soon lol

 
At 2/2/08, 10:52 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

Lol Mike. I was just seeing if Binghamton was paying attention. OK, really I have done that a couple of times with some of the cities but I normally catch it myself. I meant to blog about Bingo getting out of last place and forgot to but I'll fix that ;) It was SU game day and I tend to lose it a bit.

 
At 2/3/08, 4:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i understand pat ,no hard feelings speaking of the SU game it was a good one, they look really good out on the court...maybe they have a chance this year!!! some snow possible tomorrow especially at binghamton maybe 1-3 inches!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home