Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Friday, February 8, 2008

Rochester Within 6 Inches of Syracuse

Rochester continues to move up the snow hill attempting to dethrone Syracuse as snow king. Right now they are only 6 inches behind DaCuse and it seems that every little snowfall that Syracuse gets they get just a little more. This winter has been one of the most boring ones I can remember and hopefully things will start changing.

Looking at the snow stats a couple of things stick out. All of the cities with the exception of Buffalo are still ahead of last seasons snowfall stats for this time in the season and Buffalo is right around last years snow totals. Last season started out pretty much snow less other than Buffalo's October storm then things started picking up pretty good. For all the snow lovers lets hope that things start picking up again and don't for a second think this season is over yet. Below are how the snow totals ended for the 2006 - 2007 season. You can see there is still a lot more to come.

Syracuse - 140.2
Rochester - 107.2
Buffalo - 88.9
Binghamton - 78.6
Albany - 45.9

Below is the amount of snow we have left if this season follows last seasons snowfall pattern. Keep one thing in mind though, this season hasn't followed last season too often so far.

Syracuse - 70.4 inches
Rochester - 43.4
Buffalo - 32.5
Binghamton - 37.1
Albany - 5.5

My monitor never did wake up and it will be laid out to pasture when the ground unfreezes. Is the ground even frozen with this mild winter we have had??? Anyways I'm on monitor #3 right now since Monday when NIMO shut the power off for a few hours around here. I did the right thing too and that's what ticks me off. I unplugged the computers and laptop so that the power surge when they turned the power back on wouldn't blow anything. So much for that. I then brought down the kids monitor from upstairs and hooked it up, plugged it in and it worked. One problem, everything was blurry. So I find some glasses which I use every now and then, increase the font size because the monitor seems like it is about an 8 inch monitor after using a 19 inch one and everything is still blurry. I play with the setting to try to clear the picture up with no success and finally say a few cuss words, grab my jacket and head over to Walmart to see if they have the monitor I saw online in the store.

What is it with my area and monitors? Do they sell out that fast> I go to War mart's computer section which is probably smaller than my living room and always seems to have 90 percent of the people that are in the store in that section. I look around the area (like 3 times) and only see 3 monitors. Only 3 %&**%& monitors in the whole store and all of them are above my price range. After searching for about 5 minutes for someone in the dept I ask the kid if there are any out back and No is the answer. Off to staples I head which is just around the corner.

One good thing about staples is there is normally someone more than willing to help out if it's not too busy. All in all 3 people offered help including the manager at one point and I declined and told them I was already being helped. So I look around at all the monitors most of which had NOT IN STOCK signs on them. I think 3 of the monitors on display didn't have the sign on them and of those only one was in my price range so the kind women offered to print me out the specs like I asked and I looked them over. After looking them over I told her I would take one. She said she would go see if they had it in stock. Of course I'm thinking well there is no OUT OF STOCK sign so most likely they will have one. Nah, my luck doesn't work like that. She mentions that she could order it from another store and have it shipped and they do ship fast from Staples and it's normally free shipping on orders over $50 bucks. I thought about it for a minute or two and decided I didn't review the monitor so I would hold off. Of course I had a back-up plan in mind. Call my Aunt who lives right down the street and see if I could use her monitor for a week or so until I find one I like. I actually ordered the computer for her and for whatever reason was thinking that I had her get a bigger monitor but now such luck. It's a 15 inch like the kids is. So that's the one I'm using right now because the picture at least comes in clear and isn't blurry with or without me wearing glasses. I'm hoping to find a monitor in the next couple of days but man what is it with 2 fairly big stores having only 5 monitors between them.

PS: If you see a lot of mispelled words it's most likely because I can't see what I am typing so bear with me. Kind of like a "my dog ate my homework excuse" to get away with bad grammer Huh :)

Ok, end of my ranting and have a Great weekend everyone.

3 Comments:

At 2/8/08, 9:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might want to try Best Buy in either Carousel Mall or Dewitt. They had a bunch of monitors around when I was on a computer mission during Thanksgiving Break. Of course, that was months ago, so things may have changed since then, but it's worth a try, right?

 
At 2/9/08, 1:08 AM , Blogger TheGeneral said...

Not sure of whats around you but Best Buy and Circuit City would probably be the two best choices for finding a monitor. Wally Worlds might be a little cheaper, but like you said the selection is nill.

 
At 2/9/08, 4:09 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

Thanks for the advice Sre and Steve. I had about half an hour to spare today and headed over to Best Buy which is just up the road a bit. They did have a few lower priced models in stock and to sum it up. I CAN SEE AGAIN!

I ended up getting the brand that I checked out online that had some pretty good reviews. I went with an Acer which is a cheap model but for some reason the reviews are good on them. I also got the wide screen and I am happy I did. What a difference from my square 19 inch monitor that died.

I probably could have found a better deal but I needed it now for the fact of not being able to get much work done with the smaller monitor. The price came to around 200.00 with tax but I also ended up buying an external hard drive which I have needed for awhile now and the price wasn't too bad although again I probably could have gotten it cheaper online. I'm down to about 2 gigs left of space so it was kind of urgent to get one. Plus it will be good to move a lot of important stuff over from the main computer to the new hard drive. It would suck to lose the hard drive on the computer and not have a decent backup other than some disks. Thanks again for the advise :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home