Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Albany Slides Past Binghamton

Just a quick nightly update to throw a jab or two at my buds from Binghamton.

Albany has just slip slided the snow stats past Binghamton. I can't imagine the embarrassment going on in Binghamton right now. I don't think this is the way to start off the new year and I'm sure Mike, JD and some of the others are planning a snow dance or something as I type. To be honest with you I can't even believe I am talking about Albany. I hardly ever have anything to say about them other than it's a place to go on a vacation if you want to get away from the snow. Not this year ;)

Buffalo better think about a snow dance pretty soon also. Albany has their scopes on them and they are only 3 inches away from over taking 3rd place. Then again Syracuse hasn't been doing much other than an inch or two here and there so it's looking like the beginning of the new year has the Golden Snowball trophy up for grabs for any of the GSB cities to take. Albany didn't even have 1/2 an inch this time last year and they are already approaching 3 feet of snow and like Syracuse have more than half their season snow totals already. It will be interesting to see how long Albany can stay out of last place. Have a great night all!

6 Comments:

At 1/1/08, 10:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg what happened i cant stand to look at the stats... how did albany get so much snow!!! well i would say we have a good chance to catch up to albany tonight(what a shame), but since it is going to be windy id expect bgm to report maybe .25 inches of snow tonight thru thursady ,reguardless of how much falls out of the sky...really i cant wait to see what they report compared to me should be quite amusing!!! ;)

 
At 1/1/08, 10:39 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

Mike, I just took a look and it was on December 20th that Binghamton took the lead in the contest. You have a ways to go for that but I don't see Binghamton staying in last too long

http://goldensnowball.com/2007/11/binghamton-takes-lead.html

The next few days should be interesting and my guess is there will be a couple more changes. Then it looks like a warm spell for a little while. I'm just hoping that all the cities can close the gap on Syracuse and Rochester to keep it close. Of course it only takes one good storm with a hit and miss for a new leader to emerge.

 
At 1/1/08, 11:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks to get very cold and perhaps quite snowy after the big warm up.some areas just north and west of binghamton could end up with clsoe to a foot of snow by thursday morning, id expect 4-8 at my house with .25-.5 at the airport ;) ha

 
At 1/2/08, 6:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well however they choose to measure it, they almost always end up with less snow than I get here. I am, of course, at 1650 feet however. The problem is that the airport is at high elevation too! I am guessing that they don't compensate for the high winds.

I thought it might also be possible that the same high winds are blowing snow ON my property and OFF the snow-board at the airport, but if I go skiing back in the fields, and especially in sections that are well-protected by trees, I find it is almost always deeper than expected were one to believe the official reports.

I haven't gone out to plow/shovel yet today since it is still dark, but glancing at the front steps I could see 1-2 inches of new snowfall from last night. The big plows are going by as well.

If they are right about the strong arctic winds, then we might expect lake effect snow all the way down here again today.

 
At 1/2/08, 3:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

jdempat, if you dont mind me asking what area do you live in, i am fairly familiar with the town of binghamton area...if that is where you live. i live at 1300 feet elevation half way or so up a mountain in the TOB.im glad to see your a skier!! i always try to ski in the woods behind my house but there is toom much ground debris . btw last night was fairly dissapointing, i only picked up about 1 inch at my house, there is another 1-3 possible tonight as Lake effect set up looks better tonight.

 
At 1/3/08, 4:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm out in west colesville, near windsor. The hills get bigger the further east you go!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home