Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Friday, February 16, 2007

The Snow Dance Might Need Tweaking

I just want to let you all know, especially those of you up north that the snow dance had nothing to do with all this. At least that's what my lawyer told me to say. On January 7th I did the first snow dance of the season. Remember only two are allowed in a year in order for them to work. I did th mild version of the dance. I think :( OK, I could of screwed up and went a little over board and really got into it once I started the dance but I still think it was the snow God. At least that's who my lawyer told me to blame.

The first snow dance of the year is one to bring a lot of snow fast, then some warm weather, then a lot more and so on. Since the dance for some reason we have been stuck in an Arctic air system or something with the temps probably averaging around 20 degrees if that. Maybe NYCO can figure out what went wrong with the Snow God this year my lawyer said and make it ease up just a hair. For those of you who are loving all this snow, I take full blame.

For those of you who aren't buying my story and still blaming the snow dance, I want you to know I take full responsibility. My lawyer told me to beg for forgiveness, blame it on my parents and to let everyone know I will be entering rehab as soon as I can get out of the driveway and can find a snow dance rehab in our area. To all the thousands of kids that email me begging me to do another snow dance I have to say no. For now anyways. You have had enough snow days for the time being.


Jill from Buffalo is thinking about doing a snow dance to help Buffalo pull this years Golden Snowball contest off. She better get going because Da Cuse is starting to pull away a little and Rock City is right on your back. Only 5 inches away. Who ever would of thought that when Rochester had only 44 inches at the beginning of the week. Hey, have a great day all!

5 Comments:

At 2/16/07, 3:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Snow God was turned off sometime in January in an attempt at provocation/supplication. he does not appear pleased at my lack of faith.

 
At 2/16/07, 5:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I have something even *better* than a Snow Dance! Over the next couple of days, I plan to:

- Wash my truck and detail the inside
- Drain the gas out of my snowblower
- Put my snow shovels away
- Bring out my garden hoses and other garden tools
- Put away my winter coats, gloves and scarves
- Bring out my shorts and other summer clothes

If *that* doesn't guarantee snow over here, I don't know what will!

:P

 
At 2/16/07, 10:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad it was you NYCO and not me messing with the Snow God. Ya might need to ask him for a snow break, not that I'm not loving it but the other city's might need some time to catch up after I post the new numbers tomorrow :(

Ha, ha Jill! No doubt that WILL do the trick. We always joke that when it's winterfest time we can count on warm weather. I don't know what happened this year. I think I would hold off on the winter coat though. Oh, ya might not want to look at the stats come tomorrow either. I don't think it will be a pretty site :(

 
At 2/16/07, 11:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh, I hate to say it but Buffalo is done with Erie being frozen now. Maybe a chance at another 6-12 inch storm like this week, but that means a 12-18 storm for Syracuse and Roc. Buffalo can only win this thing with the help of the lake, and the lake has already given up.

Umm but I wouldn't put away the winter clothing yet, its still a bit nippy outside to be prancing around in shorts. After a pro-longed artic chill like this one we are in I usually wait till the first 45 degree day and bust out the shorts.

 
At 2/17/07, 2:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nay, I wouldn't be actually *wearing* my summer clothes... it is the mere *act* of going through all of the trouble of laundering and packing away the winter attire and the unpacking of the summer attire that will fool the Snow God.

And then the having the summer clothes out and really wanting to wear them will clinch things. Lake Erie will unfreeze. Arctic winds will blow down from Canada. We will see Lake Effect snows upon Buffalo as we have never seen the likes of before.

And then, as soon as I think that we have enough snow to win the contest, I will fill my snow blower with gas, bring out my snow shovel, put away all of my garden stuff and bring out all of my winter clothes again. That will guarantee a very wonderful spring.

:)

OK, so maybe The General is right. We're done. ~sigh~

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home