Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Snow Angel Contest and CNN Radio

I've been listening to Pat St.Claire on CNN Radio and she has been mentioning the attempt that Syracuse will be making on February 15th to break the most snow angels record at one place. You can listen to Pat St Claire on CNN Radio at http://www.cnn.com/audio/radio/winmedia.html You might also be hearing an interview from someone locally if all goes well.

Don't forget to show up for the record breaking attempt this coming Thursday at the Frank Salanger Athletic Complex at Sunnycrest Park on Robinson Street next to Henninger High School and dress warm. More information on the event and the Syracuse winterfest events at http://syracusewinterfest.com/wacooper/BrochureTotal2007word.pdf The link will open in a PDF file.

5 Comments:

At 2/10/07, 3:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Snow Angel Contest was mentioned today on WBEN radio in Buffalo too... When the story came up, I said "Hey! I know all about that!" :D I hope the Michigan record will be beaten...

Syracuse has a really big lead on Buffalo now... Methinks that's gonna do it for us :(

How did you make out with your lottery/raffle thing? (just curious!)

 
At 2/10/07, 4:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill, I'm still just a poor broke man if that answers the lottery question :( There were a few winners around the area though including a million dollar winner and a $25,000 winning ticket both sold at stores about 5 - 10 minutes from my house.

As for Syracuse in the lead, it's a good lead but I still think the way the weather patterns have been that Buffalo is definitely still in the hunt for the trophy and Rochester is due to make their big run anytime now also.

Thats cool that the Snow Angels attempt was mentioned there. I got an email from CNN today asking for an interview about the record attempt. GSB has nothing to do with it though. The winterfest is in charge of the attempt to break the record so I forwarded it to the man in charge of it all. Hopefully he will give them an interview and maybe get 5000+ to show up for it. From what I've been told is that some of the school kids are going to participate in it so that should be fun for them. I'm trying to rearrange some things so I can go to it too. It should be fun :)

Geez, I should of taken the interview and plugged our great Golden Snowball contest, lol.

 
At 2/10/07, 11:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say since Buffalo can't win the GSB we set out to break the snow angel record next season to laugh at syracuse. Or better yet we could do it this year, maybe on like St. Patty's day. I'm sure we could round up over 5,000 drunks from the parade to jump in the snow and make some kind of mark in the snow.

I'll play the role of drunk #1, time to start recruiting! Plus when people think of snow they always think of Buffalo anyways, so it makes more sense for Buffalo to have the record not Syrcause!

 
At 2/11/07, 4:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey General - I love the way you think! St. Patty's Day would be *perfect*! (When *hasn't* it snowed on parade day?) Count me in :D

 
At 2/11/07, 10:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry General, one by one I am slowly explaining to people about Buffalo's being over rated when it comes to snow ;p I was at a CYO basketball game tonight and tried ribbing the guy in front of me about it. He grew up in Buffalo. I didn't get no where with him though, lol.

As for the Snow Angels and St Patty's day, it sounds like Buffalo has as much fun as we do here on St Patty's day and no kidding about the weather. We freeze almost every year hitting the bars downtown but we have a blast. Last year was one of the worst I can remember because it was cold as ussual but the winds were nuts, I could literaly lean into the wind and try to fall (on purpose that is ) and the wind was holding me up. Then again, a few years back they said the temps would hit the mid 50's and I wasn't falling for it so I dressed real warm like normal. Well I think the temps hit over 60 degrees and I ended up carrying layers of clothing around all day and night :(

I read an article today that if Syracuse sets the record it might not hold up for more than a couple of days because there is an attempt next weekend by the town that held the record before the town who holds the record now (too tired to look it up) and they are trying for 5000 - 10,000. Hopefully Syracuse gets a good turn out for it.

Here is my post about St Patty's day in Syracuse from last year
http://www.goldensnowball.com/2005-2006snowfalldiary.htm
Scroll down to the date 3/18

And General, "whats up with I say since Buffalo can't win the GSB we set out to break the snow angel record next season to laugh at syracuse."

Buffalo is far from being done yet. I'm hoping ya's pass DaCuse again. It was fun trying to catch ya's ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home