Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The Snowman is a Sissy Man

Yeah, I'm slamming myself this morning. When I seen the snow bands that were the biggest I have seen this season I thought to myself, "Yes Bring it South to Us". Then as Sunday went on by I was mad that the band wasn't dropping down to Syracuse. I watched yesterday as it sat just miles away from giving us what could of been the best snowfall of the season. My anger went to jealousy as Monday turned into Monday night and the North was still getting all the snow. As I watched it last night on the Weather channel and some of the local channels I just kept saying Wow along with a few other words that I won't mention. When I woke up this morning and seen that the band is just sitting there and just dumping snow faster than a snow machine could make it I started thinking a little bit differently. I thought to myself does my back really want to deal with all that snow? My soul says Hell Yeah Bring it On, but my body is saying Don't be a fool, let them have it. So because the thought is in the back of my mind about passing on all that snow I give myself the sissy man medal for the day ; )

WeatherT who is a schooled meteorologists posted some stats and a map of some of the totals from up north which are below. The funny thing is that I expected to wake up and see that Buffalo had buried us in the snow totals because there is a lot of snow falling all around them also. Mostly some towns to the south of them which should have some decent totals to report also. The chances are that some of the people in Buffalo were expecting Syracuse to maybe pull ahead the way the lake effect was knocking on their door yesterday. Well Syracuse never opened the door and only picked up a couple of inches. Once again it still amazes me after living in the Syracuse area all my life how localized our snow bands can be. Below are some stats that WeatherT gathered up which are impressive and the scary part is that there is no sign of it letting up. Have a great day all and for those of you in the Snowbelts right now, Good Luck and stay safe.

Click Snow Map to Enlarge

Some stats posted in the forum from NOAA for OSWEGO COUNTY...

SCRIBA 45.0 600 AM 2/6 27" LAST 12 HOURS

PARISH 46.0 214 AM 2/6 HEAVY SNOW VSBY 200 FT

OSWEGO 31.0 600 AM 2/6 CITY OF OSWEGO

PALERMO 29.0 515 AM 2/6 BAND MOVED SOUTH

WEST MONROE 25.0 600 AM 2/6 11" LAST 12 HOURS

4 Comments:

At 2/6/07, 12:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's quite sad that during the best possible Lake-Effect set-up, Syracuse did not get SQUAT! I would be really ticked off... -Summer

 
At 2/6/07, 4:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When my back hurts (or the windchills are crazy cold), having 4-wheel drive allows me to avoid the whole "I don't want to look like a sissy" thing. As long as my truck can make it in and out of the driveway, I say - Nature bringeth, Nature will taketh away, so bring it on!

Until I eventually feel good enough (or the windchills are a bit more amicable) to get out and clear the driveway :)

 
At 2/6/07, 6:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone remember that big Nor'easter a couple years ago where EVERYONE in New York got snow except a little island of clear skies around Syracuse? Man, that was weird.

 
At 2/7/07, 1:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon, my sissy thing went away and your right it sucks and I'm jealous again :(

Jill, no 4 wheel drive here anymore. Just a van that I found out in the first snowfall needs new tires. When I lived in the country with a longggg driveway that's pretty much what I did, just plow through it until one of my friends showed up to plow it out ;) I ended up in my front yard one time and the harder I tried to get out, the farther into the front yard I went. Even the 4 wheel drive didn't help me out then, lol. The wimp in me went away, so Bring It On. Plus we need to catch up to you ;p

NYCO, I sort of remember that. I looked online and couldn't come up with anything unless it was when Wilma came up the coast. I can't remember if it made it as far NW as us though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home