Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Point Blank Range Forecasts: Feb. 25-27, 2011

I could see some unknown green stuff where the white lawn used to be. That must mean it's time for another snow storm! I'm sure most in upstate NY region already know about the upcoming storm, for which I will be forecasting for Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse. Before I get into that, it's a look back at the last forecast.

That last forecast featured snowfall amounts for the GSB cities. Here is their totals for the 20th and 21st.

Albany: 3.1
Binghamton: 4.7
Buffalo: 2.5
Rochester: 3.1
Syracuse: 1.8

Bull's Eye: Syracuse's snowfall total is higher than the combined total of the other 4 GSB cities.
On Target: Syracuse's snowfall total is higher than any other GSB city.
Complete Miss: At least one GSB city has more snow than Syracuse.

Um...yeah. I'm just going to let that one speak for itself.

That Complete Miss along with the On Target forecast over on GSG made it a bit of a tough weekend. Once again, I have fallen below the 1.00 goal, now sitting at 0.92. There are now 4 weeks of forecasts left to reach that threshold.

To get there, I need a strong finish here, so let's start it up this weekend! As mentioned at the beginning, this focuses on the trio of Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse. The big story is the Friday storm, and for good reason. Including that into the weekend, I see the three getting at least 8 inches, with at least one possibly getting a foot.

Bull's Eye: All three get at least 8 inches, with at least one getting a foot, of snow this weekend.
On Target: All three get at least 8 inches of snow.
Complete Miss: At least one of the three gets under 8 inches of snow.

Have a great weekend, and remember to check out the forecast on Golden Snow Globe as well!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2/25/11, 2:22 PM , Blogger Cara mia said...

Albany's forecast is up to 8-12", I think. Schenectady (only 15 miles NW) is at 12-16". This bites.

 
At 2/25/11, 4:22 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

I think Stephen may want to include Albany in his point blank forecast Cara mia ;) I have to say I am so impressed with Albany this season. Of course several of my friends from the Albany area aren't as impressed as I am, lol.

Stephen, a tough season to forecast isn't it? Keep it up ;)

 
At 2/25/11, 4:27 PM , Blogger Stephen said...

Apparently I should have used all 5 GSB cities. At the time, it looked like Alb and Bing were going to get more in the form of rain, freezing rain, sleet...basically anything that wasn't snow. So I went with Buf, Roch and Syr as they seemed to be the surer thing, which is what I need right now, haha.

Yeah Pat, it's been tough. Which part did you want me to keep up, the forecasting part of the tough season part? ;)

 
At 2/25/11, 8:27 PM , Blogger Cara mia said...

I hope this is the last of it. It's been a rough winter for those of us who clear the snow with shovel power. For about 6 weeks, we were getting storms every 3-5 days. All the storms weren't even that big - the repetitiveness is just exhausting.

 
At 2/26/11, 11:24 AM , Blogger Patrick said...

Lol, Both Stephen :) You still have a shot at your last forecast. Hard to believe Albany won the latest round with 9.0 inches :)

 
At 2/26/11, 11:26 AM , Blogger Patrick said...

Cara, still shovel power for me also but yesteday a neighbor did my driveway with his snowblower which was a nice break. Another 9 inches for Albany and counting ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home