Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

It's Snowing in Syracuse as The Clock Winds Down

Here it is the last day of April and the last day of the contest and go figure a small snow flurry is passing through as I type. Snow after all that awesome weather that we all have been getting slips away hopefully just for a couple of days. It doesn't look like anything will accumulate but it's just mind boggling how we can go from the 80's to 30's in a matter of a few days.

Less than 14 hours to go in the Golden Snowball contest and only 3.1 tiny inches separating first place Syracuse from Rochester and it looks like what could have been most likely isn't going to happen for Rochester or Buffalo.

The temperatures are probably going to be right for an upset but unfortunately for Rochester and Buffalo the moisture doesn't seem to be in place to dethrone Syracuse. Like I have said many times it isn't over until the fat man sings and I'm still not singing. In less than 14 hours though I'll be singing like Pavarotti and most likely the song will be dedicated to Syracuse. Stay Tuned!

6 Comments:

At 4/30/08, 12:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it just wouldn't be a true upstate NY end of April if there wasn't some snow now would it?

 
At 4/30/08, 2:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have about 2" on the ground in Rochester.

Nah, just kidding. Snowed for 5 minutes.

I (being the self proclaimed spokesperson for Rochester by seemingly lack of interest & posts by others) concede the victory to Syracuse(by the Merriam-Webster 2b definition "to acknowledge grudgingly or hesitantly")! :)

:) Congratulations, AGAIN!

 
At 4/30/08, 2:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, just curious, how did ERIE PA do?

 
At 4/30/08, 2:57 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

Ha, Ha ZR, you made my eyes light up for a second or two. Come on man there is still another 9 hours left. The General conceded last night but I took his post out for now. I Hope he isn't mad at me.

I haven't even checked the stats the last couple of days. I sure hope there hasn't been any adjustments made to any of the totals.

Yeah Sre, I hear ya ;) I kind of like the fact that the contest is going out on a day that there was at least a trace of snow. Pretty unusual even for our area though to have some snow on April 30th. I'll have to check the stats and see how often it has happened.

ZR, Erie along with several other big cities kicked all of our butts this year. The snow totals were kind of disappointing IMO. Erie is showing 118.7 inches on the season.

 
At 5/1/08, 1:49 AM , Blogger TheGeneral said...

I'm SOOO po'ed with you removing my post patrick! Words can't describe it...

Ya right, lol, my frustration is all focused on Buffalo falling to the almighty cuse AGAIN! If things don't change next year with the winners I'm going to declare shanigans on the snow gods!

Ahh another fun year... I'll have some sort of insightful commentary comming soon, maybe a weekly blog sitcom to keep everyone entertained over these "BORING" summer months.

BTW- Pat check your email, sent you a quick note!

Cheers Everyone!

 
At 5/2/08, 10:52 AM , Blogger Stephen said...

I don't think April 30th snow has happened that much, but I do remember the Mother's Day snowstorm we had...has to be about 10 years ago now. I remember it because my older sister was in Phoenix Arizona at the time, and because of that, she was the last person my mom wanted to talk to that day. Right when my sister called, my mom saw a snow plow. Ouch.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home