Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Monday, February 25, 2008

Guesstimate the Storm Totals

Late, Late Night Update - I drove around a bit tonight and took a few pictures which most likely won't come out but the scenery is beautiful with the snow sticking on everything. Lets hope that the LES comes into play to top things off ;)

Snow Reported So Far as of about 4:00 pm. I'll be missing in action for awhile tonight but will catch up any comments that come through when I get back. Don't let the totals fool you there is more to come between tonight and tomorrow.

Syracuse - 4.2
Rochester - 3.7
Binghamton - 3.1
Buffalo - 2.6
Albany - 0.4




Updated 2/26 - I'm just going to update this post rather than starting a new one. So far here in the Syracuse area it's been non stop snow since early this morning. Mostly light heavy snow if that makes any sense. In other words the snow has been falling lightly to moderate throughout the day but a few good heavy blasts of snow would come and go every now and then. The heavy part being the weight of the snow. It's wet and it is very heavy and I'm glad I shoveled it twice so far to break it up a little. I measured a couple of times coming up with 3 1/2 inches but looking out the window after a big blast just came through around 4:00 pm most likely at least another inch has fallen. The roads around here in the Syracuse area are slick and from reading some other blogs most of CNY is probably the same so take your time getting home and check with your local forecasts as to what is still on it's way.


Here are the latest storm warnings and watches posted today and tonight by NOAA. Just click the links to read them at NOAA and they are subject to change;

Albany - Winter Weather Advisory
Binghamton - Winter Weather Advisory
Buffalo - Winter Storm Warning
Rochester - Winter Storm Warning
Syracuse - Winter Storm Warning

Well here comes another storm and it's time to play the guesstimate game. There has been So many so called storms this season that most of the GSB cities are below their averages. Normally I would say something like "that will be changing soon" but with all the storm busts this season I'm not going to say that.

OK, yes I am going to say it because I really, really believe in this storm and this should bring all of the Golden Snowball cities over their averages for this time in the season. Ummm, we'll make Buffalo the exception although they may go over their average too.

If Syracuse doesn't get at least 9 inches from this storm by Wednesday night I'm shaving the beard off, heading to the store to buy some new sandals and sunglasses and hiding in a closet until Spring weather comes which is normally sometime in mid summer ;) In other words it's time to BRING ON THE HEAVY SNOW or lets move on to nicer weather. Can you tell I'm totally disappointed with this winter. I do still think we have quite a bit of snow to go though before we get to what some of you call the NICE weather.

Time for the Snow Guesstimate game with the normal prizes of a pat on the back and a nice job thrown your way. Lets set the deadline to get your totals in at noon Tuesday. I know most likely we will already be getting some snow by then but hey, does it really matter ;) If your later than that, that's no problem either just make a comment with your totals for the 5 Golden Snowball Cities. Lets set the time table from right now until the stats come in from NOAA Thursday because lake effect most likely will be firing up also. I'm going high with this storm. Yeah i know again, nothing new for me huh and yes I have Syracuse winning this round too.


Syracuse - 17.0
Rochester - 15.0
Buffalo - 12
Albany - 9.0
Binghamton - 8.0


Take this storm seriously folks and keep an eye on your local forecast. Most importantly SNOW MEANS SLOW, drive carefully and have a great day.

21 Comments:

At 2/25/08, 11:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are my guesses for Tuesday and Wednesday:

Syracuse: 14"
Rochester: 9"
Buffalo: 6"
Binghamton: 3"
Albany: 2"

 
At 2/25/08, 11:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok here it is patrick et all......... syracuse 16
rochester 15
buffalo 11
binghamton 10
albany 10

 
At 2/26/08, 8:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

tuesday and wednesday:
It's 845am Tuesday here in Syracuse and its already coming down at a good pace, so I gotta choose us to yet again, get the most snow!

Syracuse: 20"
Rochester: 14"
Buffalo: 14"
Binghamton: 12"
Albany: 10"

 
At 2/26/08, 9:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rochester: 18
Syracuse: 16
Buffalo: 12
Binghamton: 10
Albany: 6

 
At 2/26/08, 9:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although due to lake enhancement, I do think Rochester is going to get the most out of this, I am going to be a little bit more conservative in light of the trends we have seen this winter.

SYR 1.7"
ROC 1.5"
BUF 1.2"
ALB .9"
BING .8"

Sorry Snowman, you might see some resemblance to your predictions. Yes I am being completely pessimistic about this storm as I have been beaten down with too many let downs this winter. In fact, regardless of how much snow we do or don't get tonight, this winter was a let down no matter what happens over the next 30 days. Yeah, we got some snow here and there; but we had to hurry up and plow it before it melted! There are two things I hate to see during the winter. Grass & Rain, which is what I saw the most of this "winter". Sorry to be a downer, just not opening myself up to get hurt by mother nature again. :(

 
At 2/26/08, 10:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

zr, wouldnt be surprised if bingo ended up with the .8, with the way they measure up at the airport ;)

 
At 2/26/08, 10:57 AM , Blogger Patrick said...

Lol Mike to the airport comment :) WeatherT has me a little nervous now with his predictions from Buffalo downward ;( Tony, are you thinking more warmer air for Bingo and Albany?

I personally would like to see Syracuse lose this round just so the rest of the cities can catch up to us. Of course I would like to see us lose with a total of 20 inches!

So far about an inch to an inch and a half here where I live. The first round was the little flakes that makes for heavy snow. The snowflakes are starting get a little bigger now which is ok by me. I just hope this thing holds together and doesn't turn into another bust.

Adam, I like your total for Syracuse the best so far. Do we here 30 inches anyone :)

ZR, I know how you feel with all the disappointments this season I can't blame you. I hope this one doesn't bust and that all your plows are out round the clock for the rest of the week. I'm reading some reports of maybe some good LES after this storm and it will be coming from the north so hopefully the Rock gets in on it also.

 
At 2/26/08, 11:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

very low bust factor for syracuse. id have to say almost a 90 percent chace of 7 inches, 80 percent of 10 inches, 70 percent of 14", 50 percent of 18 inches, 25 percent of 20 ", and 10 percent chance of 24 inches. thats just my opinion.

 
At 2/26/08, 12:49 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

Mike, Sre and ZR, what's it doing in your neck of the woods right now? The more intense bands (yellow seem to be to the south and east last I looked. Is anyone getting decent snowfall? Still just light snow here but that might be changing if what's coming at us in a bit stays together.

 
At 2/26/08, 2:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

very heavy snow down here, but it is right at 32 degrees so it is really compacting instead of piling up. we have about 2.5 inches so far of wet snow.

 
At 2/26/08, 3:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

still just light snow here and parking lot is basically just wet. Just barely starting to skim over. Just a coating on the cars etc.

 
At 2/26/08, 4:22 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

Thanks Mike and ZR :) I just shoveled again and man that stuff is still heavy wet snow. I measured another 2 inches so I'm guessing we were at about 3 1/2 inches. In the last 20 minutes since I shoveled another inch probably fell. That was the hardest it has snowed all day so I'm guessing about 4 1/2 inches right now.

I might be whining about the airport come tomorrow Mike because right now they probably have gotten less than at my house did. Mostly for the fact that the heavier snow seemed to be staying a little to the east of the airport. Then again I could be wrong as usual ;)

 
At 2/26/08, 4:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

patrick, idont think either of us will have that problem, as a) the binghamton airport was colder than me all day, so therefore more snow adn B) it is farther north than me so perhaps more lake enhancement. and as for syracuse airport, maybe they will get heavier LES tonight and tomorrow? i could be wrong too though lol

 
At 2/26/08, 9:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

9PM update: 5-6" total on the east side of ROC so far. I am heading out plowing @ 1:30 and will try to update before I head out, otherwise you may not hear from me until late morning tomorrow.

Oh wait, likely this thing will still bust, so may not be much more to report!

 
At 2/26/08, 9:58 PM , Blogger TheGeneral said...

dissapointing to say the least...

 
At 2/27/08, 12:33 AM , Blogger Patrick said...

General, my first line was going to be where is the General. I hear ya as far as Buffalo goes so far. Most likely there is still another 24 hours to go and maybe Buffalo can pull something off.

ZR, I think you were right about the chair seat in the plow being indented from the hours you might be putting in. Lets hope so at least.

I drove around a bit tonight and took a few pictures which most likely won't come out but the scenery is beautiful with the snow sticking on everything. Lets hope that the LES comes into play :)

 
At 2/27/08, 1:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got another 2" since last report her in the ROC, but it doesn't look like 7-8" total out there. More like 6" after settling.

 
At 2/27/08, 2:04 AM , Blogger Patrick said...

OK, your getting me nervous now ZR. I'm starting to wonder if The Rock might pull off a win after this round is all over and done with :(

 
At 2/27/08, 9:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

In general it seems it varies from about 9-12" around Rochester. Not sure what the airport will report as the guys had everything cleaned up by the time I got to the office so not sure how much landed here.

 
At 2/27/08, 10:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the next one remind me to go low. Anyway, down in State College, we had a dusting. If it's gonna be cold, it might as well snow. Therefore, if it's not gonna snow, it should be at least 50 degrees. It seems like this has just been the worst case scenario all winter.

 
At 2/27/08, 4:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

well that was dissapointing...but we all got some snow at least :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home