Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Supposedly Golden Snowball Oracle Jinxes Again

It seems every time that I'm confident about something and post about it I jinx which ever city I am blogging about. This time it was me posting about Syracuse most likely to hit the 100 inches of snow mark in the last post. Nata, didn't happen jinxed! Syracuse needed only 1.2 inches of new snow and came up 2 tenths of an inch short to drag it on another day. Mark my word we will be over the 100 inch mark come with tomorrows update. OK, I did it again with the jinxing probably but really I'm doing it on purpose to give Rochester and Buffalo a chance to make up some ground, err snow.

I'm starting to hear that the great snow race is over and to that I say not a chance. It seems that this happens almost every year when Syracuse gets a decent lead. Is Syracuse looking pretty right now? You betcha but all it takes is a couple storms to hit the Rock, Buffalo and even Binghamton and miss Syracuse to tighten things up. It happened last season I believe in March when Rochester and Buffalo got slammed with a storm and it almost totally missed Syracuse to force the contest to go right down to the last days. So don't be counting any of the golden snowball cities out of this contest yet. OK, you can probably cross of Albany but other than them the race is up for grabs. OK, enough about the weather.

It's time for couch coaching which means Syracuse Orange Basketball! I haven't got a clue as to what happened on Wednesday against the Hoyas but it was pretty pitiful. A whipping that I don't see happening again for the rest of the season. GT shot pretty good but when you get that many easy wide open shots you should shoot good. Today is a big game just to get the confidence rolling again and I think that will happen. The defense can't get any worse than it was against Georgetown and hopefully Andy Rautins will be back in the game today. No doubt he is a key player on the SU team along with all of the others. Sure he has been pretty hot with the 3's lately but even if he isn't he is still a threat and forces any of the teams we play to open up their defense to cover the long shots. Harris who to me is probably the best overall player on the team needs to do his thing, rebound and quietly rack up some points. I'm liking this team a lot other than the other night for the main fact that we are deep enough this season bench wise and for the fact that they are playing team ball. Very game that they have given the ball up for an assist they have done pretty good. I think today we will see the team I like. DaCuse Will Be In The House Today. Go Cuse!

Stay warm and drive careful. It looks like a clipper should be hitting the GSB cities sometime soon.

3 Comments:

At 1/19/09, 5:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

why is Watertown not included?

 
At 1/20/09, 12:23 PM , Blogger Josh Blair said...

I was wondering that myself. In the meantime, Syracuse for the win!

 
At 1/20/09, 1:13 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

Anon and Josh, when I started keeping the stats for the Golden Snowball contest I talked with several people. Some who were the people that got the idea and started the contest back in the past. I came to the conclusion that the 5 cities that are now in it were the original cities and was also told that Binghamton actually won it in the past.

I did start up kind of like a second contest for several cities with smaller populations and Watertown was indeed included in that along with I think Utica, Fulton and Oswego. The problem was that there really wasn't much interest in it along with a bigger problem. It was almost impossible to get stats on a regular basis which makes for a pretty boring contest when your lucky to find stats once a month if that. The other problem is that with the smaller cities they don't have a National weather service (NOAA).

No doubt some of the town in the Buffalo area, up North and so on blow all of us away and I love getting emails from people from those towns letting me know how much snow they are getting.

That said, I have always leaned towards putting Utica into the line-up and perhaps dropping Albany. Unfortunately I'm pretty much just the official score keeper and it's a city contest :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home