Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Buffalo Slides into Second Place in the Snow Race

While I was sipping egg nog punch, hosting out of town guests and playing with my Christmas presents Buffalo managed to get enough snow to slide past Rochester for the second place slot. WTG Buffalo and the General. Not only did they get the snow they had some nasty Hurricane wind gusts that knocked out power to thousands of homes. Here in DaCuse it's snowing with more in the forecast along with the gust winds that kept me up most of the night.

Binghamton better get their snow dance going because if they aren't careful they may start flirting with the last place slot which Albany currently holds. One thing I am noticing that seems different from last season is that we got a lot of snow in December but then it quieted down. We're still not out of December and so far there really isn't no signs of the snow letting up other than this past weekend.

Speaking of Binghamton, I had a phone conversation with John Hill who is a reporter/journalist at the Press and Sun Bulletin in the Binghamton area. He did an interview about the contest which I believe is the first one from the Bingo area. It's a good fun article which you all know I like and anytime my name is in print other than the police blotter it can't be half bad ;). Just one thing to mention which was my bad and not John's is that there is a new trophy now that was donated by A1 Trophy here in the Syracuse area. Thanks for the great read John. You can find the article here at PressConnects.com

Talking about my Christmas presents :) OK so we weren't talking about my presents but we will. I won't go through all of them but one was from the secret Santa which turned out to be my niece Jess. All the family come over to our house on Christmas Eve and we celebrate along with exchanging gifts. Well the present that she bought me ended up getting stolen from their condo when the carrier left it in the lobby. So she did her best to get it delivered here in our area in time but it just didn't happen. She even went to UPS right before they closed on Christmas eve but it was too late. Anyways to make one of my super long stories just long she ended up getting me a few things so I would at least have something to open and they would be clues as to what she got me. Of course being you all know me, the clueless guy on the web, didn't have a chance at guessing what she bought. The worse thing is that it was on my list and I totally forgot I had it on Santa's list. I was thinking more in the line of clothes because that was what most of my list consists of. I'll give the 3 clues that Jess gave me to open up and see if any of you can guess what the gift which I received Christmas morning ended up being.

It was a snow hat with ear muffs, sunglasses and an ice scraper. Keep in mind that by the time they drove in from Mass they ended up at the gas station I think to try and put something together for me which wasn't even necessary.

One of the other gifts I got is kind of an easy one to guess. The clues are My whole body is sore, millions of families probably got them this Christmas and one doctor says he sees at least 10 people a week with some kind of sore muscle or injury from this fun gift.

OK, enough for now and if I don't get the chance to get online to post before New Years, here is wishing everyone a SUPER Happy New Year in 2009. To John Hill, thanks for the great article and phone conversation. It was a fun article about the Golden Snowball Award ;)

8 Comments:

At 12/31/08, 11:52 AM , Blogger sean said...

hey, so i'm looking for an update: any numbers yet on total snowfall last night? it had to be around 10 inches - getting us well over 70 going into the new year, a very nice pace - and it's still coming.

sean

 
At 12/31/08, 1:00 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

Sean, The overnight stats haven't been reported yet by NOAA. If I were a betting man, which I am ;) I would say Syracuse is over the 70 inch mark now. But then again with the way the winds were blowing the numbers may be different at the airport.

I just took an unofficial measurement at my house just outside the city and came up with 7 1/2 inches, 2 1/2 which were already added to our totals so hopefully at least another 5 will be added come the later day NOAA update. It will be interesting to see how the other cities did.

 
At 1/1/09, 12:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Patrick,

Your stats and blog get me through the Syracuse winters.

SilverCat

 
At 1/1/09, 9:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it...

000
SXUS71 KBUF 011057
RERROC

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BUFFALO NY
0600 AM EST THU JAN 01 2009

...SNOWIEST DECEMBER EVER IN ROCHESTER...

11.7 INCHES OF SNOW FELL IN ROCHESTER ON DEC 31 2008. THIS WAS NOT
ONLY A RECORD FOR THE DATE BUT ALSO BROUGHT THE MONTHLY TOTAL UP TO
46.2 INCHES. THIS EDGES OUT THE PREVIOUS DECEMBER RECORD OF 46.1
INCHES SET IN 1981. SNOWFALL RECORDS GO BACK TO 1884 IN ROCHESTER.

 
At 1/1/09, 10:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

"One of the other gifts I got is kind of an easy one to guess. The clues are My whole body is sore, millions of families probably got them this Christmas and one doctor says he sees at least 10 people a week with some kind of sore muscle or injury from this fun gift."

Darn, I was gonna guess 'the flu' until I got to that third clue.

 
At 1/2/09, 7:51 AM , Blogger common sense is alive said...

With the totals as of 1/1/09 it looks like Rochester is in second place. We had 11.7" on New Year's Eve while Buffalo received 9.9". Both cities set snowfall records for that day and Rochester set a new monthly record of 46.2".

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200990102002

 
At 1/7/09, 5:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Steve,

Is there a plan as to when you will add the stats for the 2007-2008 season?

I enjoy the entire website immensely.

Thanks for all you and Patrick do.

 
At 1/8/09, 2:18 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

Brandon, I just reread what I wrote and your right, it did sound like the flu at first ;) Thanks for the comment. Here is another clue if you stop by which should give it away. Sports games!

ZR, you out scooped me and I missed that record completely when updating the stats. Monthly snow records are hard to break and I thought that was pretty cool that Rochester was able to do it. Congrats!

Silvercat, thanks for the compliments and for posting. I thought I got around to posting last years stats but see that I haven't yet. I know I have them on the site somewhere and will get them up ASAP. Just between you and me and to be honest this site helps me get through the winter also, Shhh :)

As for Steve he seems to be pretty busy this season with the lack of posts. Could be something to do with him switching stores or maybe he has turned into a snow hater now. Nahhhh, that would never happen but I miss his posts as I'm sure several others do also.

Common Sense is Alive, thanks for the link to the Democrat and Chronicle article. I like that site and they have been good to our fun snow contest normally writing something about it. I'm liking the way Buffalo and Rochester are staying close to each other. Now hopefully they can catch DaCuse sometime soon to tighten this race up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home