Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Friday, November 14, 2008

The Golden Snowball Sissy Man Just Got Sissier

First off what a super day it was with the sun shining and the temperatures hitting the 60's. Unfortunately it's looking like things are going to go down hill from here with probably a rainy day tomorrow for most of us with the temps in the 50's. After tomorrow we are probably going to be seeing the Naughty S word in the forecast for several days so prepare yourself because I think it's getting closer and closer to that time of the year where summer was just a memory of the past.

As for the sissyman getting sissier, to be honest I'm kind of liking it. Shane, my oldest son and myself, now an official sissyman cleaned out the garage last Sunday with one purpose in mind. So Dad can for the first time ever park the car in the garage this winter. The words cleaning, neat, organized have never, ever, ever been associated with me which kind of makes it kind of fun watching people walk into the garage for the first time since we've cleaned it out. Just the dumbfounded and confused looks on the faces of friends (OK, Friend, I'm exaggerating a little) and family like they are at the wrong house just may turn me into a clean freak for the enjoyment of it! NOT!

The thing is I was smiling the whole time just thinking how nice it is going to be to go out and start the car and go. Never mind the 5 - 10 minutes of cleaning off the car every time I head out to run to the store or take one of my kids somewhere, sometimes several times a day. No more cleaning off the car after a decent snowfall before I shovel and then having to shovel the extra snow that was just cleaned off the car. No more! Wait it gets even better. Really!

When my Dad past away several years ago I moved in with Mom to help out. Yeah, now you know! Not only am I a Sissy Man but I'm a Mommas boy also ;) She was still driving at the time and she actually parked in the garage back then. There are dents on the garage siding to prove it. Many as a matter of fact (shhh). We had an electric garage door installed to make it easier for her. You know just click the button and the door opens and drive right in. Well she hasn't driven in several years now that she is getting up there in age and the door opener hasn't been seen ever since. This week part of the sissymans plan was to try and track down that remote to open the garage door so that I didn't have to actually get out of the car, open the door and then get back int he car and drive it in. Well after an intensive search and I really do mean intensive search with a tom of cuss words to go along with it I finally found one of the remotes. I won't get into the details about my victory dance once I found the remote but lets just say the rugged snow loving sissy man went to town. The garage is cleared out, the car actually fits in it and as any guy can relate to, I have a remote by my side now int the car.

Now I know most of you have probably had this what I call luxury for years without even thinking about it but to me part of the fun of winter was always cleaning the car off, shoveling around it, sometimes having to scrape the car (not so much Fun) while it was warming up. Now that I have turned sissier than I was the fun part will be trying not to put as many dents in the siding on the garage as Mom did.

The big question now is can I get even sissier. Maybe! I'm trying to decide what I want from Santa Claus this year and so far it's down to either a wii game system or an automatic car starter. The man in me so far is leaning to the Wii so maybe there is hope for me still ;)

3 Comments:

At 11/15/08, 9:37 AM , Blogger Tom said...

Hey Pat. Sorry to break it to ya but the lake effect snow on Sunday is only suppposed to be brief in DaCuse before lifting north to provide decent amounts to the Tug Hill later Sunday and Monday. But there is hope for Thursday and Friday.

 
At 11/15/08, 11:11 AM , Blogger Tom said...

Here's my EDITED winter forecast for Syracuse:

November:
November will probably be a Warmer than normal month with 2” of snow.

December:
December will probably feature temperatures around normal with 45” of snow. There is a 70% chance of a white Christmas.

January:
January will probably be a somewhat spring-like month in the beginning with coolness returning by the end of the month. The snowfall for January will probably be 25”.

February:
February will probably be a cooler than normal month with 45” of snow.

March:
March will probably be a cooler than normal month with 15” of snow.

April (Technically considered spring but put in the winter forecast because snow still falls in April):
April will be a warmer than normal month with 3” of snow.

Overall, it will be a cool winter with 132” of snow.

 
At 11/15/08, 1:04 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

To, I'm thinking a good part of most of next week things will be interesting not just so much for Sunday. Your right though about the end of next week maybe being the most interesting part. Like I said, it's downhill form here for awhile anyways.

Now that the garage is cleaned out, BRING IT ON!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home