Syracuse Orange College Checks

NHL and Buffalo Sabres Checks

Cheap Syracuse Bank Checks


Golden Snowball Totals for the 2010 - 2011 Snowfall Season
Updated  5/1/2011

GSB Cities This Season Normal Average
to Date
This Time Last Season Normal
 Seasons Average
All Time Season Snowfall Record
Syracuse 179.0 111.8 106.1 121.1 192.1 inches
( 1992 - 1993 )
Rochester 127.0 99.8 89.8 100.3 161.7 inches
( 1959 - 1960 )
Binghamton 117.5 80.8 81.4 81 134.0 inches
( 1995 - 1996 )
Buffalo 111.8 96.7 74.1 97 199.4 inches
( 1976 - 1977 )
Albany 87.2 62.6 45.4 62.6 112.5 inches
( 1970 - 1971 )

Order Cheap Personal Checks Online

Deals on Bowling Balls, Bowling Bags and Bowling Accessories

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

T-Shirt, Jacket, Coat?

Lets see? Wear a T-shirt out one day then a jacket, then a t-shirt and today the winter coat. I sure hope that wasn't our Spring that lasted a few days. Once again the snow is in the air after a nice 60 something degree day not too long ago. Light jackets, sweatshirts and winter coats are all laying around the house. Unfortunately it's still a little too early to put away the winter coats as today has proved but we all know somewhere, soon the steady more consistent days of warm weather will be here to stay. Won't they??? Sure they will and as much as I like the snow I'm ready for the 60 degree sunny days to come.

No doubt this season is in the bag for Syracuse and it's just a matter of hitting the call date which is May 1st. I know that seems kind of ridiculous of a date to end the contest each year but lets face it. It snows in April and if it's a close contest like it was last year every inch would matter. That's not a factor this season though. March fizzled out big time and I think it was the least snowiest on record or at least one of them most likely for all the GSB cities.

So here is a question for all of you that visit here. Would it be a good idea to maybe call the contest around April 1st if lets say a city has something like a 20 inch lead over the second place city? Example would be how this season went with Syracuse having a lead that is pretty much impossible to overcome even if a couple of freak storms were to hit the area. Just a thought and something I was thinking about running past Dennis Brogan who is the keeper of the trophy for the city of Syracuse. In my opinion if it was just a couple of inches separating the cities it couldn't be called until the end of April. JMO of course. Any thoughts?

6 Comments:

At 4/8/09, 4:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Patrick,

At this point, I'm against changing the date to April 30 even with a wide margin between cities.

This year is a perfect example of why we should keep April in the loop. If we get just a few more inches of snow, Syracuse can move up in the snowiest year records.

Perhaps I'll change my mind when I see the other comments.

SilverCat

 
At 4/9/09, 3:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's snowed a few times this week. Shouldn't there be a change in the total?

 
At 4/9/09, 5:03 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

Anon, All the stats but Albany are up to date. For some reason the Albany page is down right now or has moved. I'll put their stats up when I find them and thanks for the reminder ;)

SilverCat, I think I agree with you. What I didn't mention and should have was that the stats would still be added right to the end as far as seasonal snowfall. It would be a matter of pretty much ending the contest while people are still a little interested in the contest as long as it is a sure thing. Then again with the New York weather what's a sure thing :)

That said, why mess with something that is working so far? That being calling the contest the 1st of May :)

 
At 4/9/09, 9:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say May 1st too. This year's weather has been goofy, and I don't think we're done yet. Yes, no one can beat da Cuse, but I still check in once a week or so just to see if I missed anything.

 
At 4/23/09, 1:29 PM , Blogger cd said...

Hello from Madison, Wi to my old hometown, Syracuse! First an update - it snowed here on Monday (4/20) after we spent the weekend in the 70s- it IS spring, after all! This would have been a record-breaking year for snowfall at a trace over 72 inches - except for last year's near-Syracuse 100 inches! I'm beginning to understand how glaciers form.

Since my birthday is the 2nd of May (and I have several memories of snow on that day in my youth), I know there can be snow in May. I do think instituting a "slaughter rule" might be merciful, however, and perhaps it will appease whatever force controls late snowfalls!
Congratulations to Syracuse yet again!

 
At 5/1/09, 1:13 AM , Blogger Patrick said...

Anon, thanks for the feedback. I just typed the blog to wrap it up. Unfortunately Google isn't cooperating and for whatever reason isn't posting tonight :(

Hi CD, thanks for the update on Madison and for the congrats. I have to say Madison has impressed me the last couple of years especially last seasons totals there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home